Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- The Habs should wait to trade Max Pacioretty. [Daily Hive]
- Porin Ässät will livestream their pre-season game on YouTube. Puck drop is at 6:30 PM local, 11:30 AM EDT. [Montreal Canadiens/Porin Ässät]
Voyez Jesperi Kotkaniemi en action via un livestream du match pré-saison de Assat, demain à 11h30, heure de Montréal.— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) August 9, 2018
Catch a livestream of Jesperi Kotkaniemi in preseason action, tomorrow at 11:30 a.m., Montreal time.#GoHabsGo https://t.co/EOXSawqa4m
- ICYMI: Hilary Knight will return to Les Canadiennes next season. [EOTP]
- Eric Gelinas is inspired by Simon Despres as both of them strive to return to the NHL. [La Presse]
- Michael Chaput’s goal come September is to make the Habs’ main roster. [Montreal Canadiens]
- Here is a montage of Jacob Olofsson’s best highlights from the World Junior Showcase. [Hockey Prospects Center (Youtube)]
- In honour of Indigenous Peoples Day, the Habs look at Carey Price’s work with Breakfast Club Canada kids from his hometown.
- The Canadiens Minor Hockey Development Team and Les Canadiennes are proud to announce the third edition of the Canadiens’ Girls Hockey School. [Montreal Canadiens]
- Valérie Bois will join the Fabs as an assistant coach next season. [Les Canadiennes]
- Les Canadiennes answer the question: what advice would you give to young players?
Every Les Canadiennes player was once a kid, learning to skate and how to hold a hockey stick. Players give advice to young female hockey players who aspire to play professionally.#TBT #FabsTV— Les Canadiennes (@LesCanadiennes) August 9, 2018
Video equipment - @grafixelsvideo pic.twitter.com/Bp6gUmTx7E
- The AHL would like to remind you that Chris Terry, then of the Laval Rocket, finished second league-wide in scoring last season.
- The Brampton Beast have re-signed Jackson Leef.
- The Habs will see you at Montreal’s Pride Parade on August 19th.
Around the league and elsewhere
- On the 30th anniversary of the trade that sent Wayne Gretzky to Los Angeles, how well do you remember the details? [ESPN]
- The Arizona Coyotes have signed Christian Dvorak to a 6 year deal with an AAV of 4.45 million dollars. [TSN]
- How do the Atlantic Division teams fare when placed against the Stanley Cup-winning blueprint established by the Washington Capitals last season? [The Athletic]
- A closer look at salary cap allocation across the NHL. [TSN]
- Entering the fourth year of his NHL career, Connor McDavid is still looking for consistent linemates. [TSN]
- Part 2 of Pension Plan Puppets’ look at seventh-round wonders. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Your T25U25 round-up: Matchsticks and Gasoline (#3: Matthew Tkachuk), Raw Charge (#2: Brayden Point), Mile High Hockey (#14: Ty Lewis), Silver Seven (#22: Jonathan Gruden), The Copper & Blue (#23: Filip Berglund), Die By The Blade (#18: Justin Bailey), Blueshirt Banter (#10-6), The Cannon (#19: Vladislav Gavrikov), Pension Plan Puppets (#18: Sean Durzi), Second City Hockey (#23: Carl Dahlstrom), and Broad Street Hockey (#19: Felix Sandstrom).