Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Going into the 2018-19 season, which young Canadiens might snag the spotlight? [Montreal Gazette]
- The Habs shared a behind-the-scenes look at the drafting process, from interviews and scouting reports to the draft floor in Dallas. [Canadiens]
- New Montreal assistant coach Luke Richardson has more than a few good stories from his time in the NHL. [Montreal Gazette]
- Brendan Gallagher took to social media to wish his dad (and trainer) a happy birthday on Wednesday.
- The Laval Rocket 2018-19 schedule is here!
Here it is! The 2018-19 official schedule!— Rocket de Laval (@RocketLaval) July 11, 2018
Now is the time to secure your season tickets! >>> https://t.co/0M8G8ZVhVV pic.twitter.com/rADLiZSNUV
- Luke Richardson learned from several other NHLers over the years. [Canadiens]
- After multiple injuries, Étienne Marcoux will stop at nothing to play with the Rocket this upcoming season. [Canadiens]
Around the league and elsewhere
- Legal boundaries may still prevent a woman from playing in a men’s league, but physical boundaries don’t have to. [The Players’ Tribune]
- John Tavares has penned a final farewell to Isles fans. [The Players’ Tribune]
- Team Canada will be represented by 37 CHL players at the World Junior Summer Showcase. [Twitter]
- Nikita Kucherov’s early career is right up there with the greats. [Raw Charge]
- Steve Smith has joined the Buffalo Sabres as an assistant coach. [Die by the Blade]