SO. MUCH. ANXIETY. (Don't mind me sitting here in my Denmark Lars Eller jersey quietly freaking out because the Cup is in the house.
I'm rolling my eyes so hard over this talk about what happened during warm ups.
THE CUP IS IN THE HOUSE. Did I mention??? Just in case there was any danger of you forgetting??
Seriously, I love how extra the pre-game ceremony is.
- Wow there are lot of Caps fans there for the "red" and "oh" during the anthem to be that loud.
- The puck is down, AND I'M NOT READY.
- Ovi is never gonna leave the ice tonight is he.
- Lol, the three Vegas players leaping onto the bench at the same time.
- Nice to see an elimination game that has ferocity right from the get go.
- And by nice, I mean slightly terrifying.
- Nice shift from Eller and co.
- Get. Out. Of. Your. End.
- That ping was the sound of my heart weeping.
- That was both a very long and very short period.
- Well, that was a good power play.
- VRAAAAAAAAAANANANANANANA BATMAN.
- Wow Ovi really exploded from nowhere to draw that power play.
- OH MY GOD OVI.
- I spent so much of the last series yelling about how unfair the Penguins’ power play is. Lets be real. The Capitals’ power play is hilarious too. Ovi, Kuzy, Backstrom, Oshie...like that's no slouch.
- NO. DAMN IT. Uhhhhggggggg.
- Ok boys. Get it back.
- I do not know how Fleury didn't put that puck kin on his own net. That was annoyingly good.
- Oh no. Oh no oh no.
- DAMN IT.
- We have more Carlson on Karlsson violence.
- I hate everything.
- GET IT BACK BOYS.
- That was the longest like minute I've seen in a while.
- Alright Washington. Time to get the lead back and shut it down...
- Well, Vegas came to play in the first couple of minutes here.
- Larry and Ovi on a line together for a minute there.
- Ovi is a man on mission.
- Lars drawing penalties. Bless.
- That was not a good power play.
- Loving the Eller line offensive zone time though.
- Also Ovi, Kuzy and Wilson.
- TIE GAME.
- What. A. Goal. Wow.
- LARS ELLER. IF THIS GOAL HOLDS. IF THIS IS HOW THE GAME ENDS, LARS ELLER WILL HAVE THE STANLEY CUP WINING GWG. SOME PLAYERS GET YOU THROUGH.
- Look. Eller's not gonna win the Conn Smyth. I know this. But real talk. It was Eller's goal that turned around the Caps’ first round. It's the difference here.
If this holds, Lars Eller will have the Capitals' first and last game-winning goals of the postseason.— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) June 8, 2018
- Now close it out.
- Too much time. There's too much time.
- I CAN'T.
- HOW ARE THEY STILL ALIVE. HOW AM I STILL ALIVE.
- THERE'S TOO MUCH TIME.
- Oh god they pulled Fleury.
- What is air.
- LESS THAN TWO MINUTES.
- Who would have thought that DSP and Lars Eller would have the tying and GWG goals of the Stanley Cup Final.
- OH MY GOD THE CLOCK FROZE.
- THERE WAS ALREADY TOO MUCH TIME. STOP.
- GAHHH NICKY.
- 28 seconds is too much time.
- YOU GUYS. LARS ELLER WAS ON THE ICE WHEN THE TIME RAN OUT IN THE STANLEY CUP FINAL. WHEN THEY NEEDED TO SHUT THE GAME DOWN, ELLER WAS THEIR FACEOFF MAN.
- LARS ELLER IS A STANELY CUP CHAMPION.
- ALEX OVECHKIN HAS HIS CUP.
- I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING.
- WASHINGTON WINS 4-3.
Highlight of the Game
What. A. Finish.