At Eyes On The Prize, our goal is to create unique, engaging content for fans of the Montreal Canadiens, offering new angles on stories and diving deeper into the team’s and players’ performance than you will find on sites that cover the team or sport of hockey in a more general capacity.
While our efforts have built a large following to be one of the top blogs on the SB Nation network, and our community helps create a comment section that takes the discussions in new directions, our social media presence to promote that work and bring in even more voices to the site is an area where we want to grow. Advertising that we have a new article for fans to read, debate, and discuss has tended to rely on a single tweet posted at the time of publish, with very little engagement of our 13,000+ followers, and only posting our editorial content to a Facebook page with 36,000+ likes.
We would like to add a member to our staff who can make our verified HabsEOTP Twitter account and HabsEyesOnThePrize Facebook page much more engaging.
What we want
- engage followers and have good judgment to avoid trolls and hostile debates;
- promote our articles by re-tweeting a few times throughout the day, and work with our moderation staff to highlight good discussions taking place in the comments;
- organic growth of our follower/like counts through content that keeps people interested rather than paid services to artificially inflate follower and like counts;
- create original fun and engaging content;
- interact with other SB Nation team blogs;
- communicate constructive feedback or questions you receive to the editorial team so we can address any issues with a particular article or viewpoint;
- help increase the site's reach rather than simply hoping to take advantage of our following to build his/her own personal brand.
The compensation for this position is $200 USD per month.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send along your resume with a short write-up on why you believe you are the person for the job. Previous experience running an official account is preferred. Send your info to habseyesontheprize at gmail dot com with the subject line “Social media coordinator.“