Finland vs Denmark
Look, all I'm hoping for here is to not lose 7-0 like Norway did to Finland, ok?
Mikkel Boedker and Jannik Hansen in the lineup should help with that. Frederik Andersen gets the start. That should also help.
Oh lord....I did not realize Teuvo Teravainen and Sebastian Aho were playing. I don't know why I didn't. It's fairly obvious that they would be...but oh dear. Please stop showing terrifying highlights of them destroying teams...please....
- Alrighty, Freddo, this is all on you. Which is deeply unfair, but also true.
- Please maybe play some in the other zone, Denmark. This is going to be painful.
- Well, we're half-way through the first, and nothing has happened, so maybe Denmark won't crater into the centre of the Earth?
- I spoke too soon. Fins to the power play.
- That was a perfectly acceptable penalty kill.
- Oooh some offensive zone time for Denmark. Brief, but hey, it was there.
- Thank you Freddie.
- Oooh now Denmark power play. Not doing great though...
- Oh hey that was less awful.
- Lookit Denmark holding Finland to their first scoreless period!! (God bless Freddie)
- Oh man, that was almost a lovely change by Frederik Storm.
- This is a much better start to the period than the last.
- Oh dear, Jannik, what did you do. Ouch.
- Nick no. Don't this is a terrible idea. OLIVER DON'T DO IT.
- Holy crap those guys are tall.
- Ok so after that madness, Saku Maenalanen goes to the box for boarding and roughing, and Nicklas Jensen is in there with two for roughing.
- DO NOT BOARD MY DANES. DO NOT. Why was that boarding on Jensen Abbo not called.
- Uhg post.
- Boy, Denmark is hustling and buzzing tonight.
- AND this game is getting angry.
- Denmark is kicking butt and taking names. Or trying, at least. Which is a good start.
- Thank Freddie.
- Storm why. Why you do that.
- At least that was a good penalty kill for Denmark.
- This may be the best game Denmark has played so far.
- Another power play for Denmark!!!
- Oh god don't let them score short-handed.
- Bless, Freddie.
- OH MY GOD. THEY SCORED. FRANS NIELSEN WITH THE GOAAAAALLLLLLLL. Oh boy that was a NICE shot.
- Really boys. Don't make this harder for yourself than you need to...
- God damn it. Aho. Of course. THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF.
- OH MY GOD OLIVER BJORKSTRAND WITH THE GOAL. It was a very Oliver goal, as Oliver Lauridsen got the assist! That was another gorgeous goal.
- BOY THAT WAS A GOOD PERIOD.
- Even if Denmark doesn't win, this is an impressive showing.
- Another good opening couple of shifts from Denmark. They're getting to the puck first, and winning all their battles.
- Oh man Nick, you've gotta elevate that.
- Thank you Freddie.
- Denmark, you can't turtle. Finland is too good for that...
- OH MY GOD FREDDIE. AND ALL THE SHOT BLOCKERS.
- It's a trap! insert obligatory Admiral Ackbar meme
- Come on boys, just eleven more minutes...
- GAHHHHH BJORKSTRAND WAS SO CLOSE TO A TWO GOAL LEAD.
- Denmark is playing flat out, and Finland doesn't look particularly impressive, which is definitely part of why this game is 2-1.
- ...Denmark. Why. Why this. Do not. Uhgggggg.
- Get it out, get it out, get it out, get it out. Good.
- And again. yes. Excellent. Penalty killed.
- FIVE MINUTES TILL VICTORY.
- I'm so nervous. It's Finland. They could strike at any moment.
- DAMN IT NO. Uhhhhhhhggggggg. Mikael Granlund
- DENMARK TO THE POWER PLAY. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
- COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
- HARDT ON THE POWER PLAY I'M GONNA CRY.
- Boedker has three assists today.
- TWO MINUTES LEFT.
- There is too much time left. this game is too close. Come on Denmark.
- Net is empty for Finland. This is the closest game they've played. And it's Denmark that's driven them to this.
- POWER PLAY DENMARK.
- Net empty for Finland on the power play again.
- One minute left...
- THEY DID IT. THEY PULLED OFF THE UPSET.
- DENMARK WINS 3-2!!!!!!!!
Highlight of the Game
Frans Nielsen with a beautiful goal to open the scoring.