Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Wondering why Habs fans should bother to spend their money supporting the team when management doesn’t use all their funds available to build a competitive squad. [Montreal Gazette]
- Jacob de la Rose and Team Sweden pick up their second straight win while Markus Eisenschmid and Germany fall in a shootout in Sunday’s World Championship games. [NHL]
- After the end-of-season press conference, Jean-Jacques Daigneault wasn’t surprised when his contract wasn’t renewed. [RDS]
- A big happy birthday to Brendan Gallagher who turned 26 on Sunday!
- Check out the adventures of the Montreal Canadien in honor of Free Comic Book Day.
In honor of #FreeComicBookDay, join the "Montreal Canadien" on his original (and only) adventure with the @NHL Guardian Project. Printer not included.— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) May 5, 2018
DOWNLOAD PDF -> https://t.co/uH18CdB1YL #GoHabsGo pic.twitter.com/Sw2FAR0Ca2
Around the league and elsewhere
- After starting the tournament with a 5-4 shootout loss to Team USA, Canada took their revenge out on South Korea on Sunday with a 10-0 victory. [Sportsnet]
- Sidney Crosby moved into 11th place on the NHL’s all-time playoff points list after passing Hockey Hall of Famers Bryan Trottier and Nicklas Lidstrom on Saturday night. [NHL]
- Connor McDavid gives his thoughts on if the NHL should return to the Olympics, winning the Hart Trophy vs Ted Lindsay Award and last season. [TSN]
- How Boston Bruins sniper David Pastrnak rose to NHL Stardom. [Sportsnet]