Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Will Bitten and the Hamilton Bulldogs are on their way to the Memorial Cup after winning the Roberston Cup on Sunday. [NHL]
- Markus Eisenschmid scored the overtime winner to give Germany a 3-2 victory over Finland in the IIHF World Hockey Championship. [NHL]
- The Habs pay tribute to hockey moms for their continued love, support and guidance. [NHL]
- Every day is Mother’s Day for Carey Price. [The Athletic]
- Brendan Gallagher threw an oldie on his Instagram to say happy Mother’s Day... if you ignore the the socks and sandals, it’s a nice pic.
- Happy Mother’s Day from the Laval Rocket. [Twitter]
- Les Canadiennes didn’t forget Mother’s Day either. [Twitter]
- EOTP’s What’s Habening podcast is back and Scott Matla talking about the coach upheaval in the Canadiens organization. [EOTP]
Around the league and elsewhere
- Looks like former Hab, Lars Eller, has is finally at home with the Washington Capitals. [National Post]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov’s creativity is a big reason the Capitals have their best shot at a Stanley Cup in two decades. [Sportsnet]
- Mark Scheifele and Jacob Trouba have been exceptional in the playoffs for the Winnipeg Jets, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed by the team. [TSN]
- Brooks Orpik breaks down the Penguins-Capitals rivalry by comparing Ovechkin and Crosby. [Sportsnet]
- P.K Subban may be in Nashville now, but the Montreal Children’s Hospital remembered their supporter’s birthday.