- Jake Evans and Notre Dame win their first game of the NCAA tournament!
- I sure hope this Habs game is as exciting as the overtime nail-bitter Notre Dame's game was.
- I know. It's good to have some hope.
- This is the Niemi show once again.
- Are timely saves more impressive if you don't have perfect technique or is the opposite true?
- Tonight is quickly turning into a game of who wants the puck less. Three shots in fifteen minutes? Habs are winning.
- Daniel Carr is showing up, as usual. He's a tenacious puck protector with underrated hands. I can totally see him put in 15 goals or more for a lucky team down the road.
- Nikita Scherbak can have a deceptively quick release.
- Nothing to do with the Habs game, but if you have a chance to watch the short documentary on Parkland School's hockey team that aired in between periods, you should. Inspiring. Sports have showed time and time again that they can help the healing process.
- They say that players are still out to prove something to everyone watching in lost seasons. The best example of that is, once again, Antti Niemi.
- Artturi Lehkonen takes the abuse in front of the net and puts in a loose puck. 1-0 Habs.
- Nice between-the-legs pass from Charles Hudon, but Logan Shaw can't put it in.
- Jordie Benn is trying pretty hard to generate offence this game, spinning in the offensive zone. It's not accomplishing much, but the effort is there.
- Niemi has built a force field over his net.
- Every time a defencemen shoots and misses the net, I always ask myself if it was on purpose or just a bad shot. I think 95% of the time it's part of the strategy.
- 5 on 3. This doesn't bode well.
- Interesting that Jonathan Drouin is giving the hard defensive mission.
- Jack Eichel is trying his best to tie the game, but can't beat the Niemi wall.
- Byron with the empty netter. 2-0 Habs.
- Gallagher scores his 27th! Bright spot for the Habs this season for sure.
- Shutout Niemi. Well deserved.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3. It was quite the first period of play.
2. Liam Neeson isn’t paying attention anymore either.
- Not scoring at will.