For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
This is the first game I get to watch my son Noah, and he's playing in what could have been my home barn if the Islanders had moved a year or two earlier.
- Oh lord. Just my luck to tune in and have Poulin on colour.
- That's not a great start to the game. Come on Habs.
- GALLY. THAT'S MORE LIKE IT. Chucky and Gally playing on the same line is life.
- Oh man, Lord Byron almost had one there. If I wasn't awake before, I SURE AM NOW.
- ...I thought the Islanders were a playoff team. This does not look like a playoff team.
- Ah. No they aren't any more. No wonder.
- Look. I need a Mango Juus goal pronto.
- Thank you Patch. Thank you Charlie.
- Damn it, Habs. What were ALL of you doing?
- Shots were 14-5 for the Isles? Oh dear.
- Drou, why you do this?
- Who broke Mete.
- Uhg. Habs, why do you do this.
- Aww Brendan Davidson, how nice to see you.
- The fact that Juulsen plays in all situations makes me so happy.
- Oh my, Chucky. That was pretty.
- That was a not entirely awful power play. Wasn't entirely good either though...
- Drouin was SO close...
- Wow Julien is NOT amused.
- Well, this is less than ideal. First Mete, now Pacioretty are gone. Greeeaaaat.
- Oh wow. Paul Byron with all the patience in the world to score that one.
- MY SON SCORED HIS FIRST GOAL, AND I SAW IT.
- What a shot.
- AHHH WHAT A GOAL.
- Aw damn it, goaltender interference. I dunno about that...
- A HATTY FOR CHUCKYYYYYYY
- Gally pouncing on that puck for Chucky was fantastic. That might be the prettiest empty net goal I've ever seen.
- Juulsen scores his first goal, Chucky has a hat trick, except for Mete and Patch getting hurt, this was a really terrific game.
- THERE ARE OLES IN BROOKLYN.
- HABS WIN 6-3
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
Why not both?