Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- With Geoff Molson continuing to give Bergevin his stamp of approval it’s time to answer the age-old question — to tank, or not to tank? [Montreal Gazette]
- Carey Price was back on the ice Sunday after helplessly watching Charlie Lindgren get peppered with 49 shots on Saturday night. [Journal de Montreal]
- Four Habs prospects will compete in the 2018 NCAA Men’s Hockey Tournament that begins next weekend. [NHL]
- Charles Hudon admits he hasn’t been 100% since the start of the season. [Journal de Montreal]
- The Laval Rocket released three players from their PTO on Sunday. [Journal de Montreal]
- Lack of commitment knocks the Habs penalty kill down to the 28th spot. [Montreal Gazette]
- Hey look! The Habs made it to #1.
#Habs have been so bad on the road that they own the NHL's worst offence (2.17 goals per game) & defence (3.56 GA/game) away from home- enough to lead them to 1st on this list pic.twitter.com/fYXPHccztl— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) March 18, 2018
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Andreas Johnsson was quite excited to score his first NHL goal against the Canadiens on Saturday night. [The Star]
- A St. Louis Blues fan, who’s battling cancer, popped the question to his girlfriend at the game during a live television interview. [NHL]
- Seems romance was in the air this weekend. A couple tied the knot at the PNC Arena before the Carolina Hurricanes faced off against the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday. [NHL]
- Brent Burns took time out to sign a stick for a little hockey fan who came to the game sporting a beard of his own.