For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Look. I'd love for the Penguins to three-peat, but I would also love it if the Habs would make their lives as miserable as possible before they head to the playoffs...
- Aw man. I hate rooting against Tristan Jarry.
- MY SON IS IN THE STARTING LINEUP!?? JUUUUUSE! Against Crosby. gulp
- Good lord. It’s the Montreal Rocket against the Pittsburgh Penguins
- JEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. WAIT. NO. LEHK. EITHER WAY!!!
- Desi drawing excellent offensive zone penalties! I have a good feeling about this.
- LIKE I SAID. GOOD FEELING ABOUT THIS. PAULIEEEEE!
- Gallagher and Galchenyuk being together on assists makes me so happy.
- My five pick pool is looking so good right now, and we're not even half way through the first period.
- Aw boys, you can't be giving up chances like that to Kess.
- Nice little reverse hit from Paulie there.
- “Walks around Alzner" internal screaming
- Well, that was less than ideal. Or, possibly quite ideal, considering the tank and all that.
- That was a fun first period!
- Oh Gally. No.
- Wow. That was some nice passing from Carr, Froese, Lernout, and Deslauriers. That's a lot of Rocket players running the Penguins in their own zone.
- Much less fun when it's us ringing the post...
- That was a REALLY good shift from the fourth line.
- THAT was a penalty??? What? No. Rubbish.
- Damn it, Geno.
- DESIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. That was a really nice shift, and the Penguins were so busy paying attention to Drouin and Carr that they COMPLETELY forgot about Deslauriers.
- Aaaaaarrrggg Gaaaalllyyy just a leeeeetle wide.
- Well, that was a fun second period!
- Aaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. That was too close for comfort...Hudon was SO careful when he moved that puck away from the line.
- Aww nice back-checking by Rosie on SID?? Wow. I'm more impressed than I otherwise would be.
- Wait. Has DLR been playing Crosby the whole game? Huh. Not bad.
- Mango has the puck on a string. that was quite pretty.
- All the same, I'd feel a lot better if THEY'D STOP PLAYING IN THEIR OWN ZONE.
- That was a nice play from Lehk and Rosie there.
- Ouch, that didn't look fun for Jarry.
- Alas. Rust into the empty net.
- Oooooh that was some nice passing.
- OH MAN JEFF. So close.
- AND THEN GALLY.
- At least if the Habs had to lose, they lost in what was otherwise a very fun game from beginning to end.
- Habs lose 5-3.
Highlight of the night
Jonathan Drouin does the work down low, and Daniel Carr tees up a perfect shot for Nic Deslauriers. pic.twitter.com/qVtvIn4mXQ— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) March 16, 2018