For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining.
- The Stars are in a wild card spot.
- Big deal. So are the Habs. A wild, wild, very wild, crazy wild spot.
- Ben Bishop is out with a knee injury? Guess all those drama queen moves finally caught up with him.
- The Habs are taking their spoiler role seriously right out of the gate.
- Good offense for the first half of the game. Yes, I mean for the Habs.
- Prediction: A 26th Gally goal tonight. Why? ‘Cause he’s damn awesome, that’s why.
- The Stars are done hanging out in their zone. Off to make Niemi earn his paycheque.
- And he does. He is the February Molson Cup winner don’t ya know.
- That is until Greg Pateryn breaks his 42 game goalless drought.
- Wait. Still a goal but not for Pateryn. Sorry, Greg. I’m absurdly amused by this streak.
- Lehkonen ties it up off the face off after a pretty pass by Chucky. Now we’re talking!
- Lehkonen beats Lehtonen. Say that three times fast.
- De la Rose is clipped by a high stick sending the Habs to a four-minute power play.
- Drouin is determined to find the back of the net.
- But Lehkonen steals his thunder, notching his second of the night and taking the lead.
- Spitey little Faksa trips Hudon. In your face Faksa we’re off to the ever special five-on-three.
- And there’s that 26th Gally goal I promised you!
- Still on the power play and Galchenyuk gets called for “slashing” bringing us to a little four-on-four.
- Three penalties for the Stars in three minutes as Seguin in next in line for the sin bin.
- Whew! That was one power-play whirlwind. Let’s recap: The Stars are losing it and the Habs are picking it up and putting it in the net.
- Alzner and Richie drop the gloves with less than two minutes left after a nasty hit from behind on Juulsen.
- Hudon gets the extra penalty for roughing and Benn — not Jordie — makes it 3-2.
- That whole sequence of calls was bull.
- Heading into the final period we have: a Gally goal, 2 Lehkonen goals, 2 Chucky assists, 2 Drouin assists, and a 3-2 lead.
- If Price was in net, I’d think I was dreaming.
- Deslauirers goes on a clean hitting spree, nailing Dickinson then Pateryn. Dickinson doesn’t like Deslauirers’ antics so off come the gloves.
- Shaw and Pateryn with a head on head collision and Shaw has to be carried off the ice.
- I’m no doctor, but the extra hit Pateryn gave him while lying on the ice probably didn’t help.
- Off to the power play. Take note Pateryn.
- Habs power play is on fire! Scherbak immediately makes it 4-2, unassisted.
- With 1:52 left, Lernout gets called for high sticking. Six-on-four. Are you freaking kidding me?
- Froese is sent to the box. Six-on-three with one minute left.
- It’s all you Niemi.
- Two points! We got a full two points!
Highlight of the night
Mango is officially unchained.— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) March 14, 2018
What a goal by Nikita Scherbak. pic.twitter.com/9t9CVq0GAN