Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Jordie Benn and Claude Julien are very impressed with Antti Niemi so far this season. [La Presse | Google Translate]
- Plekanec scored his 600th and 601st career point during the 4-1 victory over the Senators on Sunday. [NHL]
- With the trade deadline looming, there’s still no inkling of what the club will do. [Montreal Gazette]
- Caroline Ouellette scored her 131st career goal, becoming CWHL’s all-time leading goal-scorer. [EOTP]
- After a clean sweep the weekend, is it too early to be optimistic about the 2018-19 Habs? [Montreal Gazette]
- Carey Price is only four wins away from tying Patrick Roy for wins with the Habs.
Around the league and elsewhere
- Nashville Predators star Filip Forsberg was awarded a three-game suspension on Sunday for interference for his hit on Rangers’ Jimmy Vesey. [Sportsnet]
- The Calgary Flames are proving that sometimes numbers do lie. [Sportsnet]
- Speaking of the Flames, check out David Rittich’s new “Inferno Heat” mask with one of history’s greatest instigators making an appearance.
We are proud to unleash David Rittich’s latest Calgary Flames mask, called Inferno Heat . It is built on fire and rage. We wanted to create a Flames mask in a new way, so we travelled into the flames structure and built the design on the cradle of fire ... And the closer you come the more into the story you come, and you enter a new dimension of fire✨ ... Thanks David, I am so proud and happy to be your personal mask collaborator...! @d.r.33 @nhlflames @daveart #nhl #DaveArtTheStoryteller @nhl #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity #DaveArtTheMaskNerd