For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Lehk-Plek-Gally? I like it!! Chucky-Scherby-Drou? I like THAT too! It will probably be the last thing I like about this game...
- Watching Mango and Chucky playing together is a little like watching mirror images. They skate so much alike.
- Eastern goalie meets Western goalie...while playing for the western team...
- Niemi is terrifying to watch. But he's making all the saves. So here we are.
- Byron, Gallagher, Hudon on a line??? They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
- SHAW AGAINST HIS FORMER TEAM. Gotta love those hard-working, nice story goals.
- Wait...this looks like a semi-competent power play...I'm not used to...oh wait. That's the power play I know.
- There's the Gally we all know and love.
- Wait. They're actually reviewing this? That's never going to be conclusive anything.
- Yeah...about that...
- WAIT WHAT? NO WAY! Joe Morrow, Joe Morrow, we love you, Joe Morrow!
- Wait...is this Last-people-you'd-expect-to-score Day? Was there a memo on this that I missed??? Schlemko?? I mean I'll take it. I'll 100% take it. But WHAT???
- So they've changed the goalie, the DUcks are buzzing again, and the pessimist in me is wondering how long this 3-0 lead is going to last. The optimist in me is still running around shouting WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! My sleepy subdivision is not appreciative.
- WHO BROKE FROESE.
- Well then. That was a much more exciting first period than I was expecting.
- Ok Habs, don't screw this up...
- Lol Anaheim.
- JEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I mentioned recently how much I love Jeff Petry?? Because now seems like an ideal time to bring it up again. I can't believe that went in. I don't believe it. This is a goofy game.
- That was a really good shift from the fourth line.
- OY MONTREAL STOP OLE-ING. WAY TOO MUCH TIME TO GO, AND IT'S THE HABS.
- I swear if Drouin is broken again...
- Lol Montreal.
- Oh joy. Five-on-three. (Seriously, this game is goofy.)
- Yeeeah that's about the size of it.
- Ok this game is really actually ridiculous.
- I hate everything. (You know that thing I said about the ole's? That.)
- See, this is far more the kind of game I expected. Anaheim storming around the Habs’ zone.
- This is gonna end badly...Pleky why.
- The good news is, they got out of this period still up 4-2. The bad news? Drouin is gone.
- Aaaand back to the power play we go. This is less than ideal.
- Alzner broke Drouin sobbing
- Oh joy. And Plek is hurt. Everything is awful.
- So NOW does Chucky get to play C?
- Scherbak is so much fun to watch. Precious mango child.
- The problem with the Ducks is that no lead ever is safe.
- Good. Plek is back.
- Oh no another power plAY. JEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Who are these Habs? Can we always play afternoon games?
- Jeff Petry is a monster.
- Also, Niemi has had to be hilariously good.
- The Habs haven't beaten the Ducks since December 20, 2016.
- This is nice.
- GET JEFF THE HATTIE.
- Or not.
- THAT WAS FUN. LET'S DO IT AGAIN.
- I love being wrong about the Habs losing.
- HABS WIN 5-2!!!!!!!!!!
Highlight of the...Afternoon
EOTP 3 Stars