Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Shea Weber is proving that he’s still a Man Mountain. [Montreal Gazette]
- What does the arrival of the new Seattle franchise mean for the Canadiens? [La Presse]
- For Mikey Reilly, every game is an audition. [La Presse]
- Trade rumours be damned, Andrew Shaw is playing without fear. [La Presse]
- “Montreal spoke with me for a long time, much longer than the other clubs,” says Alexander Romanov. [Sport.ru (Russian)]
- The real question is: Is he wearing a turtleneck?
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi would like to wish everyone a happy Finnish Independence Day.
Around the league and elsewhere
- More players might follow in William Nylander’s footsteps, says Jake Guentzel. [TSN]
- The Ottawa Senators need to open up the vault for Mark Stone, who is arguably the only possession-driving player on the entire squad. [TSN]
- No one is going to offer sheet Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner, so let’s stop bringing it up. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- The growing importance of numbers is expanding the criteria for who can become an NHL GM. [The Athletic]
- What’s behind the Anaheim Ducks recent winning streak? [ProHockeyTalk]
- Calgary Inferno head coach Shannon Miller has stepped down. [Calgary Inferno]
- The education of Pierre-Luc Dubois of the Columbus Blue Jackets. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Are the Buffalo Sabres for real or is their hot streak a mirage? [Sportsnet]
- The CWHL has partnered with Sportsnet to bring you the first ever CWHL Weekend, featuring Toronto vs. Montreal and Calgary vs. Markham. [CWHL]
- Projecting the top 50 players in the NHL in 2021-22. [The Athletic]
- What might the NHL look like in 2067? [The Athletic]
- CapFriendly is now available in French!
Major announcement!— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) December 6, 2018
We are extremely happy to announce that CapFriendly is now also available in French.
We have been working on this project for almost 2 years and are proud to offer this new and exciting option to our French speaking fans.https://t.co/WMN5xRVGvc pic.twitter.com/JkhJW4UZZC