Montreal News and Notes
- Stéphane Waite is encouraging Carey Price to not worry not about the stats, but instead just focus on whatever it takes to stop the puck. [NHL]
- He’s small. He doesn’t have an elite skill. But none of that matters. Brendan Gallagher has become a cornerstone for the Canadiens. [Sportsnet]
- On Habs Breakfast, Andrew Zadarnowski discusses the Habs’ win over Vegas, the eventual return of Joel Armia, and more. [TSN 690]
- Alex Burrows sees potential in Jake Evans, Michael McCarron, and Byron Froese. [TVA]
- Laval Rocket players deliver teddy bears that were collected during the Teddy Bear Toss on December 1 to St-Norbert elementary.
Quelle belle surprise pour les jeunes de 5e année à l'école St-Norbert! Ils ont reçu les toutous que nous avons amassé le 1er décembre— Rocket de Laval (@RocketLaval) December 23, 2018
What a great surprise for the 5th grade children of St-Norbert elementary! They received the teddy bears that we collected on December 1st pic.twitter.com/PAMAj0G7n2
- After leading the Habs to victory on Saturday afternoon, Claude Julien helped mold young minds.
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Almost four years ago, Johan “The Mule” Franzén suffered his last concussion. Since then, he’s been through a nightmare. [Expressen]
- Thanks to the league overflowing with players enjoying monster years, the NHL faces tough All-Star Game selection process. [Sportsnet]
- After not getting an invitation to the World Junior Championship last year, Owen Tippet raised his game and has landed the role of a lifetime this year with Team Canada. [NHL]
- Erik Karlsson gets slapped with a two-game suspension for an illegal check to the head