For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- I’m hoping for a Montreal-wins-but-Alex-Galchenyuk-catches-the-Golden-Snitch sort of game. I guess that would translate to getting a hat trick.
- Tomas Tatar came pretty close there.
- Victor Mete is very much awake out there.
- Galchenyuk vs Max Domi faceoff, likely providing us with the photo to match the game narrative.
- Lawson Crouse wants a piece of Jeff Petry.
- Is there some long-standing blood feud between The Coyotes and Jeff Petry I don’t know about?
- Shea Weber opening the period with a trademark power-play goal.
Max Domi wins the faceoff and Jeff Petry tees up Shea Weber for a power play goal. pic.twitter.com/3mnx1Va1lt— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) December 21, 2018
- Two good power-plays in a row would have been too much to ask for I suppose.
- I resent the implication that Oliver Ekman-Larsson’s goal was identical to Webers. Ekman-Larsson’s was swell, but Webers was a destroyer of worlds. I winced just watching him wind up.
- There were a LOT of shots on Carey in a very short amount of time. It is safe to say He’s on his game tonight.
- That was a fancy dancy move from Max. We should probably leave the ballet to the Leafs though.
- PAUL BYRON! starting the period off right!
- I’m pretty sure the howling sounds are from the same Halloween CD i had as a child.
- EXCUSE ME, that net has been knocked over Price for some time now. He is NOT a hermit crab. How about a whistle? Thanks.
- I am very uncomfortable with it being a one goal game in the third. There needs to be a no over-time past 11:30pm rule. Someone put that in the next CBA.
- Domi missed the open net. If Arizona ties it up it means they won the trade..or is that not how this works?
- Carey Price gets his 300th win.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Scoot Mattle was positively chuffed to see this beauty
2) Can’t come up with a game plan against this strategy
1) Three goals against in 120 minutes of play is pretty good I guess