Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- The Habs still can’t solve their power-play woes in their loss to the Boston Bruins Monday night. [Sportsnet]
- Looking at 18 memorable Habs moments in a largely forgettable 2018. [Sportsnet]
- Price didn’t let a bad result stop him from engaging with the fans. [The Athletic]
- Maxim Lamarche has turned from teacher to student with the arrival of several veterans sent down from the Canadiens. [RDS]
- Nick Suzuki hopes that he’s improved his speed and execution since being cut from Team Canada last year. [RDS]
- Emerance Maschmayer scores the only goal for a home team on Bell Centre ice this week.
- Alexander Romanov was having quite a bit of fun in Kelowna last night:
- Jill Saunier of Les Canadiennes met up with a surprise visitor on the team’s recent China road trip.
View this post on Instagram
I got a message from an athlete who plays hockey for the Philippines National Team saying she was making her first trip to Shenzhen to catch our game. Not only did we get the chance to meet after the game (and share a number for our respective countries ☺️), but she surprised me one of her countries jerseys to take home with me. This sport brings people together from all across the world and I am so thankful for the people I get to meet on this journey!
Around the league and elsewhere
- Trading Jeff Carter would prove to be a tall task for the Los Angeles Kings. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Corey Crawford has suffered another concussion, putting the Chicago Blackhawks in a tough situation. [ESPN]
- Are the Washington Capitals looking to deal Andre Burakovsky. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Eugene Melnyk has been counter-sued by John Ruddy for $1 billion over the LeBreton Flats development. [Silver Seven]
- While the Columbus Blue Jackets and Vegas Golden Knights dueled on the ice, their social media teams dueled over the internet. [The Cannon]
- The Carolina Hurricanes’ post-game victory celebrations have their roots in European hockey. [The Athletic]
- How did Luke Schenn go from can’t-miss-prospect to 29-year-old minor-leaguer? [The Athletic]