For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Carey Price is going for hist 300th win tonight. On home ice. Against the Bruins and Jaroslav Halak. How sweet is this win gonna be?
- Benn is out of the lineup for the first time this season. That’s probably not a bad thing.
- A turnover by Chaput and the Bruins pounce just over two minutes in.
- I’m going to go out on a limb and say the Habs haven’t practiced puck-passing lately.
- And practiced giveaways instead.
- Perhaps they’re just getting into the Christmas spirit of giving.
- And the Bruins keep giving us power plays. It’s like Secret Santa!
- So close! But not enough Tatar on that shot.
- Price with a little “I’ll take that” save to slow down the Bruins.
- The Habs had 14 giveaways and the Bruins had 12 shots on goal. Coincidence?
- I feel like the bears smell fear.
- Juulsen gets too eager to join in and Habs get called for too many men.
- I have no idea what the Habs’ game plan is. They’re all over the place.
- Hopefully there’s a method to their madness.
- Halfway through and Halak finally has to clock in and start work. Let’s hope he’s too seized up to make any quick movements.
- Looks like Petry’s shot is heading towards the net... until stupid Carlo’s leg gets in the way.
- Agnostino with the best chance yet after bee-lining towards the net and off the post but no go.
- Oh, that glove save was pretty. So pretty.
- Price is doing everything he can to get that 300th win. Whaddya say you start giving him a hand, hey fellas?
- Here we go. Down 2-0. Time for another one of those great third-period comebacks!
- Or not.
- A turnover by Gallagher, Petry and Tatar get tangled up and tumble towards Price, Tatar’s helmet flies off, Price jumps out of the way and Krejci makes it 3-0.
- All in the first 30 seconds.
- Price. Is. Not. Happy.
- I can only assume that his unhappiness is growing after Schlemko hits Pastrnak, causing him to fall on Price’s head.
- As Marchand scores.
- Perhaps we should just apologize and ask Benn to come back.
- Danault is down at centre ice and is slow to get to the bench. Please no injuries.
- Scoring five goals in five minutes isn’t totally unrealistic. Dream big, guys!
- Sorry, Price. You’re stuck with a measly 299 wins for now.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) About the best we can hope for at the moment
2) It’s the mystery of the century
1) The Bruins are forming a line to be your first customers