For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The elusive Shea Weber returns, It will be his first game wearing his shiny new “C”.
- 18:07 in to the first and we get to see that iconic Shea slapper. The ground shakes from the velocity, the players shake from the fear.
- The first Carolina goal has me nervous.
- Gallagher is a total menace and I am so happy that he is our menace rather than some other team’s.
- McElhinney is having a much better time in net than I was anticipating.
- The announcers have just decided to refer to Kotkaniemi as “the young man”
- Update they have decided Kotkaniemi can be “the good young man” That is some fast player development.
- Carey Price keeps Rask from getting a second goal.
- Gallagher is in his “office”, working hard, doing his best.
- Carey Price flattened Foegele. The Bell centre loves aggressive Carey Price.
- Oh man, that deflected off of Mete...
- When I consider how much someone would have to pay me to stand in front of a Weber slapshot, NHL salaries suddenly look a lot more reasonable.
- That was a quality chance for Jordie Benn, and I don’t often say that.
- Drouin was halfway through a Celly before realizing the puck was not in the net. That is rough.
- Black Friday must have come a few days late for McElhinney, because today appears to be when he is doing all the saving.
- DANAULT!!! The Habs are still in this! Weber gets the assist, he is currently averaging a point per game. Shhh sample size is irrelevant...
- Montreal looks invigorated
- Numerous chances for Montreal but none come to fruition
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Baby steps
2) Always a fun sight
1) Way to stay involved in the game, Antti!