For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- A Saturday night. Against the Boston Bruins. In Montreal. What a perfect way to put an end to this losing streak the Habs find themselves on.
- The Bruins are all beat up. Go for the jugular!
- A rush towards Price and a loose rebound a minute in already gets the heart racing.
- So, we’re going to have to set up a wall in front of Price tonight. Twice already he’s been bumped by a Bruin.
- Drouin with a nice one-timer but Rask was ready for it. Unfortunately.
- A “wicked hard shot by Petry” (to quote Bob Cole) hits the goalpost.
- A little four-on-four and we’re only halfway through the first. I have a sneaky suspicion this won’t be the last four-on-four we see tonight.
- Kotkaniemi gets stripped of the puck at the blue line and the Bruin’s strike.
- During a scrum at the front of Price’s net, up pops Drouin’s head in the middle of it like a whack-a-mole.
- And DeBrusk makes it 2-0.
- Two Bruins get cozy in their box while Gally sits alone in his to start the period.
- The Habs set up shop in the Bruins end and get five shots off in the first three minutes but, alas, none find the back of the net.
- Acciari is on some kind of rampage, knocking Domi out of his way then Alzner.
- While Miller takes down Drouin with a big hit behind the net.
- We’re obviously going to have to outwit these goons fellas.
- Domi has Wagner pinned to the ice. I’m pretty positive it’s a brotherly “say you’re sorry” kinda move. Though I could be wrong.
- Here’s a thought: instead of racking up the penalty minutes, how about racking up the points instead?
- I guess we’ll save that plan for the next period.
- There’s a scramble and a Lehkonen goal! Nope. Reversed. Refs can’t make up their mind.
- Deslauriers must have jets on his skates as he picks up the puck and takes off down the ice.
- Fancy moves by Drouin finally solves Rask!
- Tatar ties it up with 9:51 minutes left. Going for the dramatic effect, hey guys?
- There’s six minutes left so you know what that means...bodies are starting to fly.
- And Drouin takes a four minute penalty with just five minutes left. He was doing so well...
- Shaw loses his stick and Moore gives the Bruins the lead once again.
- Price is on the bench and there’s shots galore around Rask but no luck.
- The Habs losing streak continues.
EOTP 3 Stars