For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Lars Eller is returning to Montreal playing on the Capitals’ first line with Alexander Ovechkin. I am going to try to contain my excitement about this fact, but be warned, I'll probably fail.
- Yes this is a Habs game. Yes I am a Habs fan. Yes I'm wearing my Lars Eller Stanley Cup Final Capitals jersey. Your point???
- NOT JUULSEN.
- It's never ever a good sign when it's bad enough that the other team's player goes over to check...especially with my track record with favourite players getting broken...
- Well, except for that moment of panic before Juulsen got up, this has been a very boring first four minutes.
- Well, David, that's one way to tip a shot out of danger...
- I might be in the minority, but I kind of love Carey Price's red pads.
- JEFF WHAT WAS THAT.
- Oh yeah, I forgot, Kotka got his first goals against Washington!
- OH MY REILLY. Max Domi's reaction to that goal is me.
- WHY DO THE HOCKEY GODS HATE PRINCE ARTTURI.
- Gallagher taking the face-off opposite Eller hurt my soul.
- I guess you could say Max likes playing here with those stats!
- Well. Mike Reilly really, really doesn't want to be out of the lineup again.
- STOP WITH THE PUCKS AT JUULSEN'S FACE.
- Well, this is fine. Everything is fine.
- Oh dear. Jordie, bud. What was that.
- Kenny Agostino had an amazing look there.
- OH MY GALLY.
- Wow the Habs are really flying.
- Now power play too.
- EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING.
- Looks like Kenny got his first goal after all!
- ...Wasn't Holtby hurt??
- Lars, please don't break Gally...
- Geez it's been a bad night for good bone structure!
- That was a very nice defensive play to keep Ovi away from Price.
- You can't let Backstrom have that much space. Even if he's not the most lethal Capitals scorer.
- Montreal is wildly out-shooting Washington. I don't know what to do with this.
- For a guy who is apparently not 100%, Holtby looks irritatingly comfortable in net.
- Good lord Max. Ya know...just cause you CAN fight, doesn't mean we want you doing it...
- Hahaha Wilson and Shaw just chatting by the benches after the fight.
- Oh no. No. Not Jeff.
- Oh never mind. He's fine. THANKS FOR FREAKING ME OUT FOR NO REASON.
- Petry keeping Ovi from scoring on the power play on Ovi Island. *Insert heart eyes emoji*
- I'm glad there's so much Petry love on the broadcast right now. He so deserves it.
- Um...Jordie. Jordie, why.
- That penalty box is getting awfully crowded.
- Of course Ovi scored. Exactly no one is surprised.
- Nice little glove flash from Carey there. :D
- Oh thank goodness we're back at five-on-five.
- Eller wants one. And I'm so torn about wanting him to get one, but not wanting to lose...
- I'm glad that Mete got there in time, but also, LARS.
- Wowwwww. That Drouin pass was pretty impressive.
- Please get out of your own end, Habs. This will not end well...
- Aw boo. Eller on the second line now. (Still, far better line mates than he had during most of his time here.)
- OH MY GOD CAREY.
- Habs doing a good job on that shift to keep Ovi away from that hat trick...for now...
- Gallagher and Tatar on one end, Ovi vs Carey on the other.
- JESUS PRICE.
- OVI JUST APPLAUDED AND PATTED CAREY ON THE ARM FOR THAT SAVE. THIS IS GOLD.
- This game was FUN.
- AHGGG THAT WHIFF.
- Schlemko with two looks jeez.
- Wow everyone on the ice was dead tired
- OH MY HOLTBY. Brayden matching Carey crazy save for crazy save on that one.
- HEY, don't BOO Eller!!!!!
- OH MY GOD LARS.
- SORRY NOT SORRY
- In all seriousness though, what a fun game, regardless of outcome.
- Habs lose 5-4 in OT
Highlight of the night
Even Alex Ovechkin is applauding that Carey Price save.— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) November 20, 2018
Game recognize game pic.twitter.com/LQ34oxIwnI
EOTP 3 Stars
3) It’s a thing he does.
3) He looked pretty good there, didn’t he?
1) Not much else you can do in that situation.