For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Just over one minute in and Domi lights it up!
- Nice drag-pull-stop and shoot by Drouin. Even without a goal to show for it, that was pretty.
- Gallagher’s buzzing around Hutton. In front, on the side, behind the net. I think I can hear Hutton screaming “Where is he?!” from here.
- Looks like the Habs are about to break out the Flying V! #MightyDucksThrowback.
- Drouin is picking up speed tonight. It must be his hair making him more aerodynamic.
- Benn tries to knock the puck out of the air but nails Jeff Skinner in the face with his stick instead. Oh, well. We saw where you were going with that Jordie.
- Off the crossbar for McCabe. I’ll take it.
- Having a penalty kill right out of the gate has thrown off the Habs. They don’t seem to know it’s over yet and we’re halfway through.
- Oh good, they just realized it. Tatar takes a great pass from Danualt but can’t finish it.
- It took 21 shots but the Sabres managed to get one past Niemi to tie it up.
- NOOOOO! Gally takes a puck to the hand and leaves the ice.
- This makes Armia mad and with a slick wraparound, he restores the lead!
- Pominville gets his second of the night while Shaw sits in the bin to make it 2-2.
- Goaltender interference challenge...but it makes no difference
- GALLY RETURNS!! * lays paper bag back down *
- Pominville nearly nabs a hat trick but Niemi says not on my watch.
- Domi’s going for his own hat trick and dances his way to his second goal of the night!
- Not only has Niemi stopped 34 shots so far, he picks up the apple on Domi’s go-ahead goal.
- Too many men penalty? Come oooon, guys.
- A little Jeff-on-Jeff action as Petry lays the boom on Skinner center ice
- Sabres tie it up with a deflected goal
- Off the post and a scramble in front of Hutton with just over two minutes left to go
- Armia gets called for tripping with one minute left and that’s all the Sabres need for a 4-3 victory.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He seems almost embarrassed to put that one in the net.
2) This may be the most important takeaway from the game
1) But this is probably the best story of the first 10 games