Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Is Jesperi Kotkaniemi here to stay? [La Presse | Google Translate]
- Highlights like this certainly help the young Finn’s case.
- Martin Gelinas dishes on ex-Flame Paul Byron. [Montreal Canadiens]
- Where does Charles Hudon fit in the Habs lineup? [Athletique]
- Jose Theodore says that Carey Price doesn’t need to lead the team anymore, but he does need to imitate the team’s leaders. [Journal de Montreal]
- Did the Habs make a mistake by drafting Nikita Scherbak in the 2014 Entry Draft? [Journal de Montreal]
- Max Domi’s personal chef helps him a lot when it comes to managing his diabetes. [Montreal Gazette]
- Jacob Olofsson is on the Swedish U20 team’s roster for an upcoming tournament in the Czech Republic.
- Presenting Michael McNiven’s new mask.
Around the league and elsewhere
- The Tampa Bay Lightning’s penalty kill is off to a blistering start. [TSN]
- Head Coach Jeff Blashill and veteran Niklas Kronwall are not happy with how the Detroit Red Wings have started their season. [TSN]
- The New York Rangers have a Tony DeAngelo problem. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Mats Sundin is not surprised that the Toronto Maple Leafs are asking their players to take hometown discounts. [Sportsnet]
- Newly retired Jordin Tootoo is now aiming to give back after a long journey filled with ups and downs. [CBC]
- Are Mikko Rantanen, Nathan MacKinnon, and Gabriel Landeskog now the best line in hockey? [The Hockey News]