For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Not game-related, but HNIC starts the broadcast with a little tribute to Gord Downie which is superb. We lost an absolute gem
- 24 seconds into the game, Ottawa is handed their first penalty because no one - and I mean no one - is allowed to touch Artturi Lehkonen
- I see the theme for tonight is a ‘Need for Speed’
- GOAL - Domi! - Gallagher getting mad face washed by Harpur after that one and just continuing to celebrate is my absolute favourite thing
- GOAL - Danault! - my goodness I can’t keep up
- Stone scores = bad. Karl Alzner = worse.
- Alzner is the gift that keeps on giving (the puck away)
- Is this the right time to reiterate that Galchenyuk was the best 27 the Habs have ever had
- GOAL - Paul Byron! - left all alone in front of Anderson, nice pass by Armia
- Back for another 20 minutes of me singing ‘Drouin’s flow has gotta go’
- Jaros just tried to take out Domi but ended up eating ice - amazing
- Kotka...plz...shoot puck
- Bad guys score on a crazy angle and as a result of a bad pokecheck attempt by Price, 3-2
- Lehkonen gets called for tripping but Chabot was just bowing down to his greatness
- Bad guys score - some pretty passing from Ryan to Duchene and we are tied at 3
- dyk that the definition for Gallagher is actually ‘max effort sh*t disturber’
- End of 40, tied up at 3
- Interview with Domi during the intermission and he praised Gallagher saying, “He’s not the guy you want to play against...a special player and we’re lucky to have him, too.”
- Habs seem to have let off the gas pedal in the second and still haven’t quite got that back in the third
- I am...getting bored
- #JesusChristCareyPrice (continue to expect this whenever Price makes a spectacular save) but seriously, I have no idea how that didn’t go in
- Lehkonen gets tied up with Chabot and takes a skate to the side of the head - seems to be okay, off for some repairs and now I require a shot of whiskey
- Price keeps another one out as White charges the net - the Habs look like they’re a peewee team out there right now
- Lehkonen is back on the ice
- One last great attempt by Lehkonen in the dying seconds of the third, we are heading to OT
- Price makes a few nice saves but Stone gets his second of the game and the W for Ottawa
Highlight of the Night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Phillip really phils up the net...
2) Those streaming delays get you every time, especially when Paul Byron is involved...
1) Sometimes you get what you wish for... Sometimes you don’t...