For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
I was robbed of Andrei Markov staying with the Habs for forever, so I'm very glad that Tomas Plekanec gets to play for Montreal in his 1,000 game at the very least.
I'm not wearing a turtleneck, but I fee like I should be.
- A big night for Habs named Tomas.
- This start isn't engendering much confidence...
- Well, Kotka looks good, at least!
- Athanasiou giving me a heart attack...
- Habs seem to have settled down, which I appreciate.
- Loving all the love for Turtleneck Plek.
- Wow. I can't remember the last time I watched a game where a penalty shot was actually awarded.
- JO DRU. If the move ain't broke, don't fix it!
- I always forget that Detroit has a Dane.
- Tatar really wants one. I think they should let him have it.
- Even more than Tatar, let Pleky have one.
- I remain so impressed by the things Kotkaniemi can do with the puck, even when he's falling over.
- Behind the goalie??? DOESN'T MATTER, HAD PLEKS. (And my son got an assist and everything!)
- Pleky looking dangerous all over the place tonight!
- WHAT A BOUNCE. I am not used to bounces going the Habs’ way quite like this...what on earth is happening?
- Guys named Tomas doing pretty well tonight!
- Don't mind me, I'm just over here sniffling over the Plekanec tribute. (Also will always remember that Pacioretty/Plekanec two-on-none against the Rangers. sob
- GALLLLYYYY GOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!
- And now Hudon!! Boy this is fun!!!
- Wow, I haven't seen Jonathan Bernier in a long time.
- ...There's no way that stands, right?
- ....I clearly have no idea what goaltender interference is.
- ALL YOUR POINTS ARE BELONG TO TOMAS.
- No points for Ouellet yet, but he's looked nice, as they keep pointing out.
- DO. NOT. BREAK. JEFF. WHERE WAS THAT CALL. THIS IS RUBBISH.
- STOP BREAKING OUR PLAYERS.
- OUELLET THINKS THIS IS RUBBISH AND SO DO I.
- This is not good. None of this is good.
- Alright boys... time to go score a few more...
- Thank goodness Jeff is back.
- Jeff swooping in to rescue Paulie (who, to be fair, didn't need much rescuing)
- Oh man. That would have been such a pretty goal if Peca had scored.
- Good gracious, Byron. That's just mean. (And by mean, I mean excellent.) Kotka with an assist!
- Well, except for those few moments when everyone got broken, this was FUN. I'm so glad they won Plek's 1,000 game.
- HABS WIN 7-3!!!
Highlight of the Game
Gotta pick the goal by the man of the hour.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) It was a nice gift.
2) It’s true. He is now wearing a beautiful turtleneck.
1) Well, they ruined it with a seventh in the end, but that will have to be good enough.