For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- This Is Tomas Plekanec’s 999th game, and I am very happy he is playing it with the Montreal Canadiens.
- Bob Cole is announcing, tonight is a good night.
- Everyone place your tokens on the “Paul Byron is fast” square for Habs Bingo. It’s the one labeled “free square”.
- Penguins are shooting at 50%, but it’s okay, two shots is a small sample size. Plus, it’s not Price in net.
- Speaking of not Price, Antti Niemi just stopped a Sidney Crosby breakaway.
- That Penguins goal was very pretty. I want to be mad ... but dang Letang.
- Danault came close for the second time tonight.
- TATAR SCORES! It’s a nice start to the period.
- Lets hope they can sustain this on the power play.
- Letang is everywhere? At all times? The only place he is not is his own net, and honestly he would probably be there too if it wasn’t already crowded with DeSmith and Gallagher in there...
- On the topic of Gallagher, he just tied it up. The Bell Centre is awake.
- Tatar just...DID IT AGAIN! Off a Gallagher assist.
Tuna gets his second of the game! pic.twitter.com/VsGqH2LRJ9— Eyes on the Prize (@HabsEOTP) October 14, 2018
- Noah Juulsen does not take kindly to being smooshed by Malkin.
- Tie game and a two-man advantage for Montreal? This will be fun.
- Tatar just gave the puck away, gift wrapped it and everything.
- A too many men penalty is a dumb reason to start the third period of a tie game on the penalty kill.
- They are going from end to end so quickly I may get whiplash trying to follow the play.
- Bell Centre is in proper October from, I’m hearing lots of “boos”. It’s very spooky.
- Kotkaniemi hits the crossbar.
- Victor Mete does not. Canadiens take the lead. It was strong few minutes of play, the goal is well earned.
- Or not, Andrew Shaw ruined it. (Goalie interference). He should consider sending Mete an edible arrangement.
- Evgeni Malkin tried to catch a free tow up ice with Byron, he ends up in the penalty box instead of the carpool lane.
- Niemi made some nice saves but the Penguins are looking scary again.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins are probably the absolute last team I want to play in 3 on 3 overtime.
- Pittsburgh just got a too many men penalty. I much prefer playing them 4 on 3.
- Drouin to Domi, BUT IT HITS THE POST!
- Sidney Crosby almost Sidney Crosby’s, but Niemi makes the Save.
- Byron scores, and Malkin does not.
- Drouin also scores.
- NIEMI MAKES THE SAVE ON CROSBY. Montreal wins.
Highlight of the night
Tomas Tatar scores his first of the season! pic.twitter.com/wtlY5n3sfh— Eyes on the Prize (@HabsEOTP) October 14, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
3) The old reliable
2) Tomas was doing good work in the second
1) Make that a double helping for the Pens