"And Nic Deslauriers can be the third man on that line"— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) January 31, 2018
Just about sums up the season at this point.
- Mete accelerating wide, driving in the offensive zone to get a shot on net; one of the few constantly encouraging sights of the season.
- Galchenyuk LOVES between-the-legs passes on the powerplay...maybe a little too much.
- Lehkonen is incurably cursed.
- It feels good for the Habs not to be on the receiving side of some booing for once. Blues have yet to record a shot.
- There's too much space between Blues forwards and the Habs line of defence. 1-0 Blues.
This is how Galchenyuk should play every shift: first on the puck, battles, gains body positioning to take possession, and manages a hard shot on net from a pass after a few moves protecting the puck. pic.twitter.com/l1yxmYSJ8T— David St-Louis (@RinksideView) January 31, 2018
- At least the Habs are trying to battle back. A few really good chances for them, just need to bury those.
- I have a weird déjà vu feeling.
- Textbook example of shooting for rebounds. 2-0 Blues.
- Victor Mete is what Claude Julien thinks Joe Morrow can be.
- Byron hits the boards hard; dangerous and useless hit from Parayko. The forward's play has been one of the bright spot in this last stretch of games for the Habs. Let's hope this is not a long term loss.
- Horrible execution from Pacioretty. 3-0 Blues.
- A great effort from Gallagher (who else). Charles Hudon scores his seventh. 3-1 Blues.
Highlight of the night
Massive scramble in front of the net leads to a Brendan Gallagher goal to end Hutton's shutout bid. pic.twitter.com/P2l2Fy6kjS— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) January 31, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
2. The most plausible reason