For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- It’s a Saturday night Habs vs Bruins showdown!
- Both teams are coming off their bye week.
- This’ll be fun!
- ...as long as the Habs win.
- And we’re off!
- Pacioretty opens the scoring three minutes in with a dirty rebound off the pad of Rask!
- Dirty. Clean. Pretty. Lame. Mind-blowing. Don’t care. I’ll take whatever ya got.
- Rask caught out wandering around his net and the Habs almost make it 2-0.
- Prediction: We’re going to see a good ol’ fashioned Tuukka Rask flip-out tonight.
- Habs are first up on the power play after Shaw draws a tripping penalty. Nada.
- Hudon with a bomb that beats Rask but not the goalpost.
- Danult heads to the sin bin for slashing.
- Turns out the Bruins are better at power plays than us.
- Confession: Marchand’s goal made me nauseous. But then again, they usually do.
- Jake De-Brusk takes advantage of a confusing Habs line change and makes it 2-1.
- Deslauirers ties it up two minutes later with a swift snipe. We’ve got ourselves a game folks!
- Habs head to the power play for the second time tonight. Time to take the lead.
- Galchenyuk gets to his magic spot and rises to the occasion 20 seconds in, notching his 100th career goal in the process.
- Prediction: See first period.
- Miller slams Gallagher into the boards and gets called for boarding. Dude, relax. It’s just a game.
- Danault is in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets a 123 km/hr Chara slapshot to the side of the head. That is not a typo.
- Big goof Chara skates over to say whoopsi. Poor guy looks horrified.
- After about six minutes of lying on the ice in a silent area, Danault is carried off the ice on a stretcher.
- The period is cut short at 1:37 and we head into the final period with a 3-3 tie.
- In the words of the great Freddie Mercury, “The Show Must Go On.”
- Drouin speeds through the middle of the ice, takes a shot and hits the goalpost.
- Another goalpost, this time by Deslauirers. Beating Rask is a piece of cake, but that goalpost has some mad skills.
- Time for a little four-on-four as Krug gets called for interference and Petry follows for testing out his acting chops with a little embellishment.
- Mete with a shot and the goalpost...oh wait, Rask actually made that save.
- McAvoy heads to the box for tripping Hudon after he makes him look like a fool.
- Get all the goals you want, but your weaselness will always be there Marchand.
- Twenty-two shots fired but no tie-breakers so....
- Mete all over Pastrnak to keep it even.
- Three-on-three hockey is
exciting, stressful, exciting.
- Drouin and Mete with a two-on-one but can’t follow through.
- Price with the save with 49 seconds left to keep the game going.
- Close call with Habs batting the puck in the blue paint but Rask decided it was time to wake up and kept it out.
- First up: Byron with a clean shot past Rask.
- DeBrusk: Goal.
- Drouin can’t make it past.
- Easy poke-check for Price on Pastrnak.
- Pacioretty couldn’t finish it.
- McAvoy with a lame shot. Pretty sure Price laughed at that one.
- Galchenyuk hits the post.
- Marchand finishes the game. Excuse me while I go vomit.