Alright back to back games against Metro Division teams and...
Oh, sorry folks it looks like I’ve been given a faceoff violation penalty and slashing penalty and the game hasn’t even started yet!
- This is a game against the Devils, in the preseason, therefore I am expecting the excitement level to hover around a solid 2 out of 10.
- Oh, well that’s one way to start a game I guess, with a guy who is the size of a house beating Price less than a minute in.
- Jeff Petry managed to knock the mask off a goalie, if he does it two more times I think he gets an extra life.
- If you felt a stiff breeze during this period it’s likely due to Brett Lernout whiffing big time on an open shot.
- Well, not much happened after the Devils opened the scoring.
- At least Jakub Jerabek looks pretty good so far!
- A quick start to the second frame is brought to a halt by an Eric Gelinas penalty.
- Which then turns into a surefire goal being undone by an errant pass, and Torrey Mitchell almost converting a breakaway.
- (Do more exciting things like that Habs please)
- Eric Gelinas clearly heard my pleas for something exciting to happen!
- That shot was an absolute bomb from the point too, Gelinas making a case to stick around a little while longer in Montreal.
- Sooner or later Nico Hischier and Taylor Hall were going to do something, soft hands from the top pick gives the Devils the lead.
- OH MY GOD PLEASE STOP RUNNING INTO CAREY PRICE
- I don’t know if Rooney was at fault fully or not, but he still caused harm to my goalie so he’s clearly a terrible person.
- (Please score on Keith Kinkaid Habs)
- Or don’t score on the power play, it’s okay I promise I know it’s just the preseason.
- There hasn’t been a ton happening again this period, but hey the Habs are scouting in Colorado again with Matt Duchene playing.
- Oh Joe Morrow, continuing his trend of getting a point early in the game then doing something bad not long after.
- What in the hell is a Jesper Bratt?
- Oh he’s a sixth round pick apparently, and the Devils now lead 3-1.
- And now back to back penalties!
- Which at least there haven’t been any faceoff violation penalties tonight.
- Habs fall to 0-3 on the preseason and I’m going to buy some cookies online to cope with this.