Montreal News and Notes
- Mark Streit enjoys a day-long celebration with the Stanley Cup back on his home soil. [NHL]
- Remember how great Charles Hudon’s 2016-17 was? Here’s a refresher. (Bad music warning) [Youtube]
- Ales Hemsky turns the big 3-4!
Bonne fête Ales!— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) August 13, 2017
Happy Birthday! pic.twitter.com/V4aZohQcKV
- Will Bitten is counting down the days to the Habs training camp. [Instagram]
- Alex Galchenyuk visits the city where his dad used to play.
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Mike Babcock recalls his respect for Bryan Murray and the influence he had over the people he met, both in and out of hockey. [NHL]
- Dale Hawerchuk, who spent nine seasons in Winnipeg and topped the 100-point mark in six of those seasons, will be inducted into the Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame on November 14. [Sportsnet]
- Matt Murray took his turn with the Stanley Cup, letting his furry friend get up close and personal with the Cup. [The Score]
- Thomas Vanek is one of the most valuable UFAs and although teams have their eye on him, he remains unsigned. [Fanrag Sports]