The Habs are gone, so that means the Bitter Bandwagoner Habs fan has returned. That means I’ll be writing TSMs for whichever games I happen to watch. Tonight’s match up Washington @ Pittsburgh. Hopefully not for the last time.
We still have Bob Cole, and everything is still lovely.
The HBK line is reunited, Lars Eller is still on a line with Alex Ovechkin (to my GR8 delight), and we look to answer the question: how many defencemen can Pittsburgh lose before it starts making a difference?
- Wow. The Holtby chants have started, and the puck hasn’t even dropped yet!!
- Washington looking good so far...
- A sell out crowd as you might expect...anywhere except in Ottawa... :D
- Hornqvist, please do not break Sid’s face!
- So um...it’s nine minutes in, Washington has five shots, Pittsburgh has zero.
- Eller with a massive shot, the line gets another chance, and then draws a penalty. Caps absolutely the superior team here. Eight minutes left in the period, and Pittsburgh still doesn’t have a shot!
- T.J. OSHIEEEEEEEEEE!!!
- What. A. Shot.
- One of these teams wants it more than the other. Hint: it’s Washington.
- Oh god. Sid went head first into the boards.
Sidney Crosby gets knocked headfirst into the boards by John Carlson pic.twitter.com/KawY5iZnT9— Ian Oland (@ianoland) May 9, 2017
- Good penalty kill by Washington, capped off by an Eller clear. The period is over, and Pittsburgh has three shots. Three. To Washington’s eleven.
- Please stop landing on Sid. It’s making me VERY nervous...
- ANDRE!! 2-0 Washington!!
- Caps are absolutely not taking their foot off the gas.
- Six minutes to go, shots are 16-6 for Washington.
- Oshie is looking pretty great tonight.
- In fact, Washington is looking pretty great tonight. Pittsburgh has nothing, it seems.
- Penguins: You get a giveaway! You get a giveaway!! EVERYONE GETS A GIVEAWAY!!
- Capitals: Thanks guys!!
- Aaaand Eller draws a crowd after a whistle.
- Lots of ice time for the Eller line at the end of the period.
- Yes, that was a lots of (probably) unnecessary talk about Larry. But it’s his birthday, and he’s my favourite player. So sue me. (Please don’t. I have no money.)
- Ok, so what terrible catastrophe is going to occur in this period to tie the game up...
- WELL, IF BACKSTROM HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT, IT’TS GOING TO BE NOTHING. 3-0 WASHINGTON 16 SECONDS IN.
- Oh geez. Kuzy’s shoulder.
- Oh Larry. Larry, why.
- Kuznetsov is back, so I guess we can breathe a sigh of relief?
- STOP TALKING ABOUT SID NOT BEING 100%. YOU’RE MAKING ME EXCESSIVELY NERVOUS.
- Caps still want more.
- I want an Eller birthday point. Preferably a goal, but I will take an assist too.
- 4-0 WASHINGTON!!!! Carlson from the point. Yet another gorgeous shot that goes over Fleury’s glove/shoulder.
- ANDRE AGAIN. BLESS.
- You know that thing I was saying about glove/shoulder goals? That.
- It would be Guentzel to spoil Holtby’s shut-out. Sid with the assist.
- Oh god...Malkin all by himself. Are the Penguins going to Anaheim this?
- What even is Washington doing.
- Well, Washington is bringing the series home! We’ll get two second round game sevens!!
- Caps win 5-2!