Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Craig Button was on Melnick in the Afternoon to discuss Habs prospect Mikhail Sergachev, who is currently competing for the Windsor Spitfires in the CHL’s Memorial Cup. [TSN 690]
- Complacency won’t help the Habs improve for the future. [Montreal Gazette]
- Nothing like a bit of chirping to accompany a round of off-season golf...
. @BGALLY17 should put up a live feed again so everyone can help him find his ball in the bush— Nathan Beaulieu (@natebeaulieu) May 21, 2017
- ICYMI: Here are some of the prospects Canadiens fans have to look forward to. [Habs EOTP]
Around the league and elsewhere
- The league has released the schedule for the Stanley Cup Final series. [NHL]
- Matt Murray returns, and the Penguins take Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final. [NHL]
- As he approaches his 20th year as Nashville’s GM, take a look at how David Poile has put together the current Predators roster. [Sportsnet]
- Ryan Getzlaf has been fined $10,000 by the league for his use of a homophobic slur in Game 4. [Twitter]
- The final Avco Cup was awarded 38 years ago on Saturday.
On this day in 1979, the Jets defeated the Oilers to win the last Avco Cup in the World Hockey Association pic.twitter.com/0ED1KjJmhN— Mike Commito (@mikecommito) May 20, 2017
- The best medicine is probably a visit from your dog after surgery. Just ask Ryan Johansen. [NHL]
- Canada came back from a 2-0 deficit to beat Russia in the semifinals of the IIHF World Championship, making it to the gold medal game against Sweden. [Hockey Canada]
- The Oilers have reportedly signed Iiro Pakarinen to a contract extension.