Hopefully, Nashville/Anaheim continues to be far more interesting than the snooze fest that is the Eastern Conference final...
- Ahh, I see the Johansen vs Kesler chatter is starting early today. :D
- Nashville coming out hot to start the game.
- So much yellow...
- Ellis just dumped the puck in from the wrong side of the blue line, and then beat out the icing call. Impressive.
- Oof that hit on Zolnierczyk did not look fun.
- Fortunately for Anaheim, the Preds power play was not that scary looking.
- OH MY GIBBY.
- This game is nowhere as exciting as the last Preds/Ducks game, but it is absolutely riveting in comparison to every Sens/Pens game so far.
- Good grief. Shots are 17-9 for Nashville!
- That was a nice little save by Gibson on Forsberg.
- P.K. looks so good in yellow, and it hurts my soul.
- Corey Perry is definitely going to score now that they’ve mentioned him being quiet.
- Oh boy. I hope Arvidsson is ok. That was a nasty move by Manson.
- Anaheim might want to get more shots on Rinne...and buy Gibson dinner after this.
- Or not. Boo. (Or yay, depending on your perspective.)
- HAHAHAHAH That was the Ducks’ second shot of the period. It’s more than half way through the frame. That’s not good.
- Aaaaand things are getting nasty again. Poor Zolnierczyk is having a rough night.
- ...how did Anaheim end up on the power play on that??
- Oh. Instigator.
- GOAAALLLLL FOR REAL THIS TIME. From the birthday boy, too!
This view adds more context. Perry is behind the line when he shoots. Puck hits Rinne's leg and goes in directly. Goodness gracious. pic.twitter.com/Ddmf0h4NFf— Paul Campbell ❄️ (@WayToGoPaul) May 17, 2017
- Remember that thing about Perry from earlier? Oh Rinne. That was Not. Good.
- HAHAHA Boll got the last laugh in the penalty box!!
Jared Boll was being taunted in the penalty box when Corey Perry scored. He gets the last laugh. pic.twitter.com/6rHMoCm2O5— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) May 17, 2017
- This is so Anaheim though. Get outshot to all hell, and then score anyway. Because of course.
- Oh lovely. Gibby got run into by his own guy.
- Well, that was a dumb penalty to take.
- Noooooooooo. Darn you Forsberg for being so good at hockey.
- Vatanen....you pushed him into your goalie. Why. WHY.
Forsberg cleans up the rebound. Tie game. pic.twitter.com/kNPJwNPmfx— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) May 17, 2017
- Vatanen trying very hard to redeem himself on the next shift.
- Oh no....Gibby be ok...please be ok...
- But also what a pretty play by P.K.
- ARE THEY TRYING TO KILL GIBSON????? (The answer is no, but I still resent it.)
- Please do not go to extra time...I just want to go make my mac and cheese...
- That was a very bad penalty, Anaheim. This is not what I had in mind when I said please do not go to extra time.
- UHHHGGG That was very not what I meant, Anaheim.
- (But oh boy, Roman Josi is good.)
Josi goal. The initial point shot hits Arvidsson in front. Gibson completely loses it. Josi has the empty cage. Random end to a bad PP. pic.twitter.com/aLOjmvI7oT— Paul Campbell ❄️ (@WayToGoPaul) May 17, 2017
- The way the in-arena announcer said Arvidsson’s name makes him sound like a pirate. Aaarrrrrrrvidson! it’s great.
- Nashville wins 2-1!