Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- The same old story of over-reliance on Carey Price was a big factor in the Canadiens elimination from round one of the playoffs. [NHL]
- The Cup is the only thing that matters in Montreal. Marc Bergevin needs to think hard about his team’s performance in the playoffs and changes need to be made. [CTV]
- Andrew Zadarnowski joins Habs Breakfast for a playoff postmortem chat and discusses if Alex Galchenyuk is damaged goods. [TSN 690]
- There is no one particular player to blame for the Habs early exit from the playoffs, it boils down to their flawed foundation. [TSN]
- Losing to the New York Rangers was a bitter disappointment, so what’s next for the Canadiens? [CBC]
- Even though the Habs played with heart, their lack of offense was a big reason for their undoing. [Sportsnet]
- There’s still talk, almost one year after the infamous Weber-Subban trade, as Subban heads to the second round while Weber heads home. [NHL]
- Zach Fucale and his Brampton Beast teammates won’t let a broken-down bus keep them from a game!
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Senators’ captain, Erik Karlsson was playing with two hairline fractures during the series against Boston Bruins. [NBC]
- Eric Staal, of the Minnesota Wild, has been diagnosed with a concussion after a scary collision with the boards during Saturdays game. [Sportsnet]
- The L.A Kings are ready for a new start after promoting associated head coach and AHL Hall of Famer, John Stevens, to new head coach. [Yahoo Sports]
- During a Game Four of the ECHL playoffs, a line brawl broke out between the Orlando Solar Bears and Florida Everblades. Even the goalies got in on the fun. [Yahoo Sports]
- Finland's Kristian Vesalaine was named MVP of the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship.