For our new readers and community members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
The non-stop chatter has been all about no goals from Captain Max. I’ve got a pretty good feeling that’ll change tonight.
Welcome back, Alexei Emelin! Do good.
- I’m not nervous. Are you nervous? Why would I be nervous? I’m not-
- OH MY CAREY PRICE. Guess he’s not nervous.
- Habs with a good chance after McDonagh gets caught in a first line sandwich. Tasty.
- The referees missed Emelin too and so they give him a “welcome back!” penalty.
- Somehow that penalty kill included a King-Ott two-on-one. Hockey is so weird.
- I don’t think the Rangers like Andrew Shaw very much, you guys.
- The Baby Finn strikes again! That goal was Lehkonen from start to finish. Gorgeous.
- The Captain draws a penalty. Here we go.
- Well, that went poorly.
- AND ALSO REALLY WELL. Brendan Gallagher, you beauty.
- Things are gettin’ feisty.
- Dwight King’s speed draws a penalty to McDonagh early on.
- Yes, you read that right.
- Zuccarello claims another. Habs back to powerplay. Make ‘em pay.
- Well, at least there was no shorthanded goal this time.
- This has been a good second period by the Habs? That can happen?
- Oh, I guess not the **whole** period.
- Oh boy.
- Wow, that was ... some start to the period. It can only get better, right?!
- What’s the fancy stat for stopping a pass and then not knowing where the puck went? Habs have to be leading in that.
- Somehow this period is half over and nothing has happened? I can’t decide if that’s a positive or a negative.
- Maybe if Pacioretty had had a better agent when he negotiated his last contract, he could afford to buy a goal this series.
- A powerplay! But no.
- I’m afraid to look directly at the tv screen.
- Extras, kids. Buckle up.
- Both teams with chances early on. I fear for my heart rate.
- Another almost Ott-King two-on-one. Bananas.
- This entire overtime is just one giant interference penalty.
- What a pace to this period.
- Well, that’s not what you want. Rangers win in overtime, 3-2.
EOTP 3 Stars
Habs Highlight of the Night
Lehkonen’s great effort pays off with an early lead