For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
So the series moves to the Big Apple, where the Rangers can either tie it up, or the Habs can take a commanding 3-1 series lead...
...and SN leads off with how the Rangers’ first line has been virtually silent.
I have a bad feeling about this.
- Not the best of starts for the Habs...but what an attempt by Prince Artturi.
- At least Carey Price is up to snuff!
- Oh my, Gally. That was a beautiful rush. Byron, Gallagher, and Plekanec are beautiful. That was a beautiful shift. Byron is so fast. Gallagher looks like patent Gallagher, it’'s gorgeous.
- OH MY GOD SHAW STOPPED ON THE BREAKAWAY.
- You’ve got to be kidding me. Ew. Gross. I don’t like this.
- Oh Andrew. Andrew. Why.
- Do. Not. Touch. Price.
- Soooo that thing I said about having a bad feeling about this...
- Uhhhhg Torrey so close on that breakaway. Shaw and Mitchell on the breakaway. That’s a weird pair of guys to be in that situation.
- OH. My. Goodness. Radulov. Mitchell. Weber. Mitchell. Tie game!!
- Everything is happening. This is hilarious. And ridiculous.
- Ah, playoffs.
- AV complaining about too many men on the ice on that goal is hilarious. Considering that he too had too many men on the ice.
- Oh my. Habs that was terrible. Really? Wow. Just wow. All the unexpected defensemen having really bad days.
- At least the Habs are trying to respond. Trying being the key word.
- In the meanwhile, they’re making me very, very nervous.
- This is not good hockey. This is mad scramble insanity.
- Wow. The fourth line is not the line I’d have expected to set up camp in the offensive zone.
- Habs get yourselves together.
- Thank goodness that’s over.
- They keep pointing out how the Habs are the best third period team in the league. This is not at all stressful.
- At least the Habs look slightly better. Not that that’s saying much given how bad the second period was.
- HITS AREN’T THAT IMPORTANT. OH MY GOODNESS. Find something else to talk about.
- I really love Carey Price. That is all.
- Habs actually trying now, I think!
- Henrik drops his stick, and the stick makes a save. This is ridiculous.
- Habs may actually be trying...but those turnovers, man...
- Please do not break Byron. We need him.
- Come on Habs. Five minutes to right the ship. You only need one goal.
- Habs ice the puck. Rinse, repeat, ad infinitem.
- UHG SHEA. The POST. sob
- You know that bad feeling I had? I hate being right.
- For someone who thought this series would go to six games, I’m awfully distressed about the series having to go at least six games.
- Habs lose 2-1.
EOTP 3 Stars
Habs Highlight of the Night
Radulov, Weber, and Mitchell combine for a great goal