For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Davidson and Petry in western Canada, and Emelin scratched, I’m looking forward to seeing how this goes! Carey’s home Gally’s home, should be a good night. Can they make it six in a row?
Price misses the mountains. I feel ya, Carey. I feel ya.
- Intellectually, I know Benn is on the Canadiens, and yet I’m still caught off guard when he’s mentioned.
- Scorrey Mitchell's back, guys!!
- There are a LOT of Habs fans at that game. My goodness.
- Why do teams feel the need to break Brian Flynn. Why is this a thing that always happens.
- And now the momentum is all Habs! Which probably means that they’ll allow a dumb goal in about two seconds...
- This is so weird. I know who all the guys on the Habs are, but I don’t know about half the numbers.
- Wait...was that Beaulieu and Weber???
- And now Mitchell is missing. Why do the hockey gods hate my teams.
- Oh boy things are getting crazy now. Hey. This looks like a real power play. Sort of. At least it’s not actively bleeding scoring chances against!
- Oh goodness, Carey.
- Scorrey is back. Now we can breathe. Or maybe that’s just me.
- The third line is looking pretty darn good.
- AHHH. HABS. WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
- Oh. He’s fine.
- Every time I see the third line, they seem to be in the offensive zone.
- There are a LOT of Habs fans in Vancouver.
- Gallagher is getting all of the chances tonight. That means ONE DAY SOON he’s going to score, right? Right????
- WOAH. The Habs outshot Vancouver 16-4 in the period??? That’s impressive.
- Vancouver looks good. It’s making me nervous...
- Speaking of looking good, Davidson and Benn look great.
- The crowd’s getting restless. I’m getting restless. The line blender is on at full force.
- Either that, or they’re double-shifting Galchenyuk...which would be super cool...
- Habs, please spend some time not in your own zone...
- The chants of “Carey, Carey, Carey” have followed the Habs from Montreal!!
- At least after talking endlessly about how he kept losing faceoffs, they’re now pointing out how many he’s winning.
- They ARE double shifting Chucky!! What brave new world is this!
- Ew. Why. No.
- Alright boys. Time to get more goals. I nominate Gally.
- Or, you know, anyone wearing white.
- Anyone at all.
- *Internal screaming*
- Waaay too much time in the defensive zone, boys. Wayyyyyy too much time.
- Sneaky Lehk is sneaky.
- Cramarossa is definitely going to score tonight. I can feel it.
- The Habs are never going to leave the defensive zone again.
- AHHHH Habs please stop giving me a heart attack!
- Yay a point?
- I love watching Max Pacioretty skate.
- Watching Paul Byron is an awful lot of fun too!
- Chucky to Byron is the best of all though!!!
- HABS WIN 2-1.
- SIX STRAIGHT, BABY!
Highlight of the Game
Mitchell’s slump-busting eighth of the year was a beauty.
EOTP Three Stars of the Game
Third star: Worth it
Second star: Harsh
First star: 5-0