For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- We’ve got the Ref Cam tonight! It kind of gives me motion sickness.
- Looks like these guys are starting off exactly where things finished off last time. Montreal with great offensive pressure early.
- Martinsen with a chance in front, but The King had other plans.
- Jeff Petry’s face bounced off the boards and onto the end of a NYR’s stick. He’s off to the dressing room for repairs.
- “You can tell the Canadiens have got their swagger back,” as they ice the puck.
- In all seriousness, though, the Habs look great. Best start they’ve had in weeks.
- Jordie Benn is going to score this evening. He’s had a few great shots already.
- Shea Weber! Courtesy of Max Pacioretty... Steve Ott! 1-0 Habs with just under 7 minutes to go.
- Can we all take a minute to give thanks for Carey Price? His ridiculous acrobatics in the dying minute of the first kept his team’s lead in place.
- Time’s up! Habs lead after one!
- Le Tricolore kick the second frame off by continuing to dominate the Rangers in the O-zone. I love Saturday nights.
- Martinsen comes up big with a block and he’s rewarded with a warm reception at the bench.
- Okay, the Rangers seem to have found their legs.
- YES! Artturi Lehkonen with an absolute beauty. The Prince is happy. 2-0 Canadiens.
- Rick Nash just killed Carey Price. Pardon me while I yell at my television.
- Matters little. #31 is proving he’s in top form.
- Alright, time to clear the zone, guys,
- Lehks just had two straight chances.
- Andrew Shaw with the wraparound puts them up by three! Henrik Lundqvist is going to want that one back. Tant pis, Henri.
- Torrey Mitchell took a puck to the face, but remains on the bench.
- Time runs out and the Canadiens are leading 3-0. What an evening. Let’s wrap it up in the third!
- Pacioretty with two rebounds and Henrik stays strong.
- And at the other end of the ice, Chris Kreider gets one past Carey. Boo.
- Lundqvist flashes the glove on Ott. The fourth line is looking not too shabby.
- Wait... Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe we’re in the third period and there has yet to be a penalty called?
- Alright, Alexei Emelin. I think you owe Price a drink for that one. Ooph.
- BENN FROM THE POINT! WHAT DID I TELL YA?! 4-1 Habs!
- Seriously though, no penalties?
- Brendan Gallagher just annihilated Lundqvist. The Rangers take offence. Time for a little 4 on 4.
- Byron hooked. Habs to the powerplay!
- Carey Price with attitude! #31 gives Miller a shove and a glare.
- Habs win 4-1! I still love Saturday nights!
Habs Highlight of the Night
Lehkonen connects to score his 12th of the year
EOTP 3 Stars
First star: 4-0