For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
The Habs could clinch a playoff berth, Markov could pass Lapointe, dunno about you, but I’m sure excited.
Quite the ovation for Tim Raines too. That’s pretty cool.
- Well that was a nice start.
- Galchenyuk, Lehkonen and Shaw get approximately 12 million chances. How did none of those go in???
- I would like to fight every person who sits behind the net and insists on wearing neon. It is one of the most annoying, distracting things ever.
- I love Carey Price.
- PAUL, LORD BYRON. What. A. Shot. Also, Beaulieu and Emelin did a good!
- Oh great. This is going to be a game of yelling about narrow misses, isn’t it.
- I do not know who 90% of these numbers are.
- DOESN’T MATTER. HAD PLEKS.
- Also, that’s the second good Emelin has done in ten minutes. That’s gotta be some kind of record.
- IT’S RAINING GOALS. Byron, Gallagher, and Beaulieu again!!!!!!
- Gally has a hat trick of assists, and the first period isn’t even over.
- Hockey players playing with supreme confidence might be one of the most beautiful things to watch ever.
- The third line has three goals, the Habs are outshooting Florida 17-9, and it’s only been 20 minutes!!!
- There’s no way the rest of this game can live up to the entertainment of the first period.
- Yeah I was right. This is nowhere near as entertaining, even though the Habs are playing well.
- I really love Carey Price. Have I mentioned?
- Oh my goodness, Patch!!
- Really, Shea???
- This was not the kind of excitement I was looking for, boys.
- .....Thomas Vanek is on this team??? I forgot that.
- Oh joy.
- See, maybe if the refs did their job, this wouldn’t happen...
- That was entirely the wrong kind of eventful.
- Please don’t let anyone die. That is all I ask for this period. Well, that and the Habs keeping the lead.
- O CAPTAIN! MY CAPTAIN.
- Damn it, Habs.
- GALLY. THAT’S FOUR FOR THE THIRD LINE. (And a four point night for Gally!!)
- And now Danault!!! We’ve gone right back to raining goals!!
- Offense sparked, Panthers vanquished, playoffs clinched!!!
- Habs win 6-2!!!
EOTP 3 Stars
Second star: Tonight’s game plan
First star: Finding the right tool for the job