Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Marc Dumont joined Habs Breakfast and discussed Alex Galchenyuk’s production under Claude Julien. [TSN 690]
- Galchenyuk on the wing didn’t help Montreal’s face off percentage, finishing under 40 per cent.
Dans un rare match sans Galchenyuk au centre, le CH termine la rencontre à 35% au cercle des mises en jeu.— J-F Chaumont (@JFChaumontJDM) March 24, 2017
- Signing Alexander Radulov long term is a risk worth taking for the Canadiens. [VICE Sports]
- Paul Byron is the Habs nominee for the Bill Masterton trophy for perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey. [Journal de Montreal]
- The Habs aren’t scoring very much lately. It isn’t just your imagination...
Since Feb 1st, #Habs have scored 2 goals or less (excluding shootouts) in 16/23 (69.5%) of their games.— HabsLinks (@HabsLinks) March 24, 2017
- Galchenyuk passed Maurice Richard in goal scoring, but, to be fair he did take over 200 more games to do so.
Alex Galchenyuk 88 career goals= 1 more than Maurice Richard for 8th most by a #Habs player before turning 24 (1 off Claude Lemieux for 7th)— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) March 23, 2017
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Remembering the infamous brawl between the Colorado Avalanche and Detroit Red Wings 20 years later and ranking the insanity. [Sportsnet]
- Pensburgh continues their look at 10 years of Penguins playoff appearances with 2009-2010, a year that many Habs fans will remember fondly. [Pensburgh]
- The US Women’s National team continues to take a hard stance in their boycott of the World Championships and have rejected USA Hockey’s latest offer.