For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- ♫ Sweet Carolina...
Good times never seemed so good
I'd be inclined
To believe they never would ♫
- Bold prediction: The Canadiens will make the Canes pay the PRICE for their LACK of effort.
- The Habs 1st goal was brought to you by the ‘sometimes they play centre and sometimes they play wing’ line.
- There is a lot of red on the ice right now. NHL teams need to really choose different colour schemes.
- Of course Alexei Emelin would take a penalty and of course the Canes would score on the resulting power play.
- Somewhere in the press box, Nathan Beaulieu is pushing another pin into his Emelin voodoo doll.
- Jordie Benn’s beard remains glorious.
- Has anyone seen Montreal’s first line around? They seem to be missing in action.
- A wild Gallagher can be seen in his natural habitat - the back of his opponent’s net.
- Hmm, Galchenyuk is a centre in all but name, this game.
- Come on Carolina, your goaltending can turn back to being a blazing tire fire any time now.
- Alexei Emelin can’t catch a break, as the puck hits his skate and beats Price. The score is Habs: 1, Emelin: 2.
- And Jordie Benn’s beard remains glorious.
- If whatever I write is incoherent from here on out, you’ll know why. [SERIOUSLY DON’T CLICK THIS I’M WARNING YOU]
- Brandon Davidson momentarily forgot how to defend. Unfortunately, that also happens to be his only job. Can someone explain why Davidson and Emelin are in the lineup over Beaulieu again?
- It’s never a good sign when Carey Price is threatening to go full Tuukka Rask.
- A late game power play did wonders for the Canadiens. And by wonders, I mean it was an absolute waste of time.
- Have fun facing the New York Rangers in the first round of the playoffs, Ottawa!
- And Jordie Benn’s beard still remains glorious.
EOTP Three Stars
3. The possibilities are endless.
2. Good luck with this other team’s goalie.
1. Are you sure you want to risk it?
Habs Highlight of the Night
Galchenyuk streaks down the middle of the ice and puts home the Shaw pass.