For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Never change a winning line-up. Or maybe do. McCarron in for Ott and Emelin in for Davidson tonight. Fresh legs.
- Never change a losing line-up. But you probably should. Senators ice the same team as last night, right down to starting goaltender Craig Anderson
- Habs are looking good to sta— GOAL!
- Plekanec?! Plekanec!!
- You would think a powerplay immediately following a goal would be a good thing.
- And the Senators pinball a goofy one in. Of course.
- Another Canadiens penalty; another Paul Byron breakaway.
- Habs are doing a good job protecting Price tonight. They’re quick to clear his crease.
- They keep taking penalties for doing so though. Probably worth it.
- The Habs’ penalty kill is far more potent than their powerplay.
- The Superior Benn!! Jordie makes up for helping Pyatt tie the game. 2-1 Good Guys.
- No dice on the first 45 seconds of the powerplay.
- Let’s give this powerplay thing a try again.
- Senators must have been scolded during the intermission. They’re rolling to start this period.
- Emelin with a monster hit. Pretty sure that echoed.
- The 67-27-47 line is making things happen tonight. Feels inevitable they’ll score.
- Gallagher has been a pest all game long. Borowiecki didn’t like it.
- Oh there’s a little of that Carey Price magic.
- Took until 1:04 left in the second period of the second game for shenanigans to start. I definitely lost that bet.
- A Carey Price glove save with a little mustard is always a fun way to start a period.
- GOA—no? To review!
- Apparently the puck has to **actually** cross the line to be a goal. Shame.
- Silky Mitts Byron does it again. Twenty-goal-scoring waiver pick-up. What a season.
- Shaw and Gallagher have been in the Senators’ kitchen all night. Must be maddening to play against guys like that.
- Radulov has had enough and everyone else agrees. Two minutes for everyone!
- Chris Kelly and Torrey Mitchell drop the gloves. The next 8 minutes are going to get silly, folks.
- Emelin breaks up a Senators play and then draws a penalty. He’s been good.
- A Shea Web—-- wait. NATHAN BEAULIEU bomb from the point! Powerplay Goal!
- Gallagher to Byron and in. SIX SECONDS.
- I love everything.
- A review because Guy Boucher doesn’t want people to be happy. Offside.
- I still love everything.
- That was fun! Let’s do it again next Saturday, shall we?
Habs Highlight of the Night
EOTP 3 Stars
Third star: It just wouldn’t be right in a Habs-Sens series for the division lead to not make fun of the Leafs
Second star: Resetting the Karma
First star: Garry Galley will be kicking himself for this