- It may be preaching to the choir, but it’s apparent the Habs are better off without Emelin on the roster at the moment. [TSN 690]
- The Habs took time to honour Les Canadiennes for their 2017 Clarkson Cup win.[Sportsnet]
- Carey Price reached another team milestone.
3e gardien dans l'histoire à disputer 500 matchs avec les Canadiens! / 3rd goaltender in team history to play 500 games with the Canadiens! pic.twitter.com/BpWSFulJeB— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) March 14, 2017
- Max Pacioretty thinks that Andrew Shaw’s bizarre, between-periods ritual is weird. [Montreal Gazette]
- Chicagoans talk about how much they miss their former Blackhawk. [Youtube]
- What you know about your favorite Hab can win you a Players’ Favorite Things Basket while supporting the Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation in the process. [Twitter]
- Are Claude Julien and Marc Bergevin on different sides when it comes to overpaid, underachieving players, such as Alexei Emelin? [TSN]
- The Canadiens can lure QMJHL’s leading scorer, Tyler Boland, by having him play for his hometown team, the St. John’s IceCaps, on an Amateur Tryout. [EOTP]
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Alex Ovechkin is on pace for his worst goal scoring year since 2010-11. Is he losing his touch? [Sportsnet]
- Ben Scrivens named best player of the season with the Dynamo Minsk. [Twitter]
- The Pittsburgh Penguins signed Northeastern University senior, Zach Aston-Reese. [SBN College Hockey]
- The Buffalo Sabres and Dallas Stars are both interested in signing UFA defenseman Gavin Bayreuther, of St. Lawrence University.
It's a two-horse race -- BUF and DAL -- to sign college UFA D Gavin Bayreuther of SLU. Decision coming later tonight or tomorrow.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) March 14, 2017