Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Whether you’re a coach, a fan, or a player, you know that no other market in the league can compare to the pressure of playing in Montreal under a blinding spotlight. [NHL]
- Clarkson Cup champions Karell Emard and Katia Clement-Heydra joined Robyn Flynn on TSN’s Centre Ice segment yesterday morning to chat about a brutal 365-day waiting period, Clement-Heydra’s game-opening goal, and how it feels to take home the win as a team. [TSN 690]
- Mikhail Sergachev and Victor Mete find themselves among some of the CHL’s top-scoring defencemen for their age group.
Top scoring 1998 born CHL defensemen drafted in 2016 pic.twitter.com/S4uRKqKt1X— (((Corey Pronman))) (@coreypronman) March 12, 2017
- Andrew Zadarnowski joined Habs Breakfast to chat Andrew Shaw on the top line, rekindling the magic on the first line, and the upcoming three games versus their biggest competition in the Atlantic Division: the Ottawa Senators. [TSN 690]
- Canadiens prospect Charles Hudon led the St. John’s IceCaps over the Syracuse Crunch in a 3-2 overtime thriller. [EOTP]
- Andrei Markov is steadily climbing the ranks in number of games played in Canadiens history.
Andrei Markov rejoint ce soir Maurice Richard au 6e rang dans l'histoire du Canadien pour le plus grand nombre de matchs joués avec l'équipe— Marc Antoine Godin (@MAGodin) March 12, 2017
Around the league and elsewhere
- As Bryan Bickell continues his battle with MS, his family remains his drive to get back on track. [Sportsnet]
- Let the bidding on NCAA free agents begin!
Hearing at least 15 NHL teams are interested in NCAA free agent Zach Aston-Reese of Northeastern. Power forward puts up points, works hard— Ryan Kennedy (@THNRyanKennedy) March 10, 2017