Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- When it comes to Marc Bergevin, we’ve learned to expect the unexpected. With less than 12 hours before the Trade Deadline, the Canadiens’ General Manager could still pull a rabbit or two out of the hat. [TSN690]
- As a potential precursor to something larger, David Desharnais was traded to the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for Brandon Davidson. [EOTP]
Davidson a great NHL story, 6th round pick, and cancer survivor, beat a lot of odds to earn a spot, and eventually first 1 way NHL contract— Ryan Rishaug (@TSNRyanRishaug) March 1, 2017
Brandon Davidson portera le numéro 88 avec les Canadiens. / Davidson will wear No. 88 with the Canadiens #GoHabsGo— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) March 1, 2017
- At least we’re all certainly hoping this much is true.
Lebrun on @TSN690: "I think Bergevin absolutely wants to make another move before the deadline tomorrow."— HabsLinks (@HabsLinks) February 28, 2017
- Jordie Benn is happy to kick off his next chapter in “Hockey Heaven.” [JDM]
- ICYMI: Alex Galchenyuk is awesome.
With his OT winner, #Habs improve to 14-1-0 when Alex Galchenyuk scores a goal— Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) March 1, 2017
- Ahead of the Trade Deadline, Andrew Zadarnowski analyzes what Habs GM Marc Bergevin has to work with if he wants to pull off any more deals. [EOTP]
- Haters can hate, but Max Pacioretty is a true leader for this Canadiens team. [TSN690]
- Montreal had an offer on the table for Brian Boyle.
Lebrun also confirmed Habs offered TB a 2nd round pick for Boyle, but Tampa chose Toronto's pick— HabsLinks (@HabsLinks) February 28, 2017
- The Montreal Canadiens hosted You Can Play Night at the Bell Centre on Tuesday evening.
Canadiens present “You Can Play Night” under the themes of respect and inclusion.— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) February 28, 2017
- Speaking of potential trades, is the young Carolina defenseman Ryan Murphy worth a look? [EOTP]
- Jack Han’s most recent video features new Hab, Jordie Benn and why he shouldn’t favor his off-side.
- This certainly will make things interesting for Marc Bergevin
Reminder that after the NHL trade deadline, the #Habs will only have four regular recalls available until the end of the IceCaps season.— Andrew Zadarnowski (@AZadarski) February 28, 2017
Around the league and elsewhere
- Former NHLerJoé Juneau is fighting back the decision to cut the Nunavik Youth Hockey Development Program in half. [Toronto Star]
- Johnny Oduya is heading back to a familiar locker room.
- The international hockey community lost another legend in Vladimir Petrov.
- Good deeds in Halifax? Thank your friendly, neighborhood
Spidermanmasked hockey players. [CTV]
- NHLers with playoff experience will often have a significant impact on their younger teammates. [Sportsnet]
- A look back at Stanley Cup champs of the last 10 years will show that not all GMs need to adopt the “all in” mentality for their team to be successful. [CBC]