Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Marc Dumont weighs in on Claude Julien’s sacking, whether or not Alex Radulov is a cyborg, and the importance of letting Alex Galchenyuk make mistakes as a centre. [TSN 690]
- Claude Julien and Michel Therrien’s records over the last few seasons don’t look all that different.
- Speaking of, Therrien expressed his sadness over Julien’s firing. [JDM]]
- After using an anti-gay slur in the post-season last year, many raised an eyebrow at the notion of Andrew Shaw as a You Can Play ambassador. Chris Hine, however, believes there’s no better candidate. [Chicago Tribune]
- Matt Duchene is a big fan of the Canadiens. Literally.
- Marc Bergevin will certainly have his work cut out for him ahead of the expansion draft. One player he could risk losing? One Philip Danault. [The Sportster]
- Max Pacioretty knows exactly what the Colorado Avalanche are going through. [RDS]
- Francis Bouillion shares his story as an undrafted player who found success in the NHL, becoming a member of the Canadiens’ organization, and life after retirement. [Sans Filtre]
- Former Canadien Cristobal Huet will hang up his skates after the IIHF World Championship this spring. [RDS]
Around the league and elsewhere
- If you think your life is hectic, imagine life as Olympian university student who captains an historic team that also competes in a national championship. [The Ice Garden]
- In case you missed it, the Boston Bruins fired their head coach Claude Julien. [Sportsnet]
- An update on the CHL case.
Judge in CHL case says he will not seal the agreement between the NHL and CHL, which outlines the compensation paid by NHL to CHL teams.— Rick Westhead (@rwesthead) February 7, 2017