Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Al Montoya played his heart out for the Habs, but the rest of the team didn’t bother to show up against the Oilers. [Canadiens]
- Martin Reway is slowly yet surely getting back into the thick of things.
- Eric Engels opines that the Weber-McDavid matchup brought an interesting angle to an otherwise dull game. [Sportsnet]
- The Canadiens are way too reliant on their top line. [TSN690]
- Former Habs defenseman, Mike Weaver, believes Marc Bergevin is one of the best GM’s in the league. [TSN]
- Not only did Ann-Sophie Bettez score a goal on Sunday, she also sang the national anthem. [TVA]
- A look back at some of some memorable performances that took place during Super Bowl Sunday in Montreal, as the Habs continue the back-to-back matinee tradition. [Hockey News]
- After returning from injury, a struggling Alex Galchenyuk is working to regain his confidence according to Brian Wilde. [CTV News]
- Family weekend continued with all the cuteness!
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Prior to facing the LA Kings on Sunday, the Washington Capitals honored their captain, Alex Ovechkin, with a ceremony after hitting 1000 NHL points. [NHL]
- Connor McDavid is just your typical 20-year-old, that is, until he hits the ice. [Montreal Gazette]
- It’s a good chance the Pittsburgh Penguins will get a shot at the Stanley Cup, so they should be in no hurry to trade Marc-Andre Fleury. [Fanrag Sports]
- Sergei Mozyakin continues to break records, surpassing a KHL record set by Alexander Radulov 2010-11. [Conway’s Russian Hockey]