For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
For some reason, I keep signing up for Devils games. You think by now, I’d know better. But then again, last time the Devils and Habs played, Price dummied a guy, so sometimes interesting things happen!
Maybe that interesting thing can be a regulation win. Since the Habs don’t have one of those this month. Yes, you read that correctly.
- Habs looking pretty good in the first few minutes! That’s a good sign, right?
- I forgot Taylor Hall is on this team. Oh yeah, Beau Bennett is on this team too!
- “Not the liveliest building in the National Hockey League.” You don’t say!!
- The first period is half over, and there have been a grand total of five shots. Five. Because it’s the Devils. The world’s most boring team ever.
- I saw a tiny hockey player with a one on his jersey get tripped up in the Devils’ zone with a player on top of him, and automatically assumed it was Gally. Nope. It was Davey. And that’s potentially the most exciting thing that has happened in the past few minutes. Because Al Montoya is not Carey Price, and didn’t punch the daylights out of Palmieri when he bumped into him.
- To be fair, the Habs look pretty good, it’s just that NOTHING is HAPPENING.
- Please don’t concuss Andrew Shaw just when he’s improving...
- Palmieri scores. Because of course this is how this period would end.
- Don’t do it Jeff...don’t do it...
- Aww, almost Shaw. He’s looked pretty good tonight.
- Cammi has a 20 game goalless drought? That’s definitely ending tonight.
- Carey Price is not on the bench. He is a Bad Teammate. Did you know that? (He probably didn’t want to sit through this one any more than the rest of us do. Can’'t say I blame him...)
- Oh great. The line-blender is in full effect. I would have thought MT would have taken that with him when he was fired. At least line-wise, when Julien blends his lines, he keeps Chucky in the top six...
- We’re definitely losing this game 1-0. (Alright boys, now go and prove me wrong, please.)
- Nothing happened that period. Absolutely nothing.
- Oh look. Price is back.
- Accchht the lines, they hurts our eyeses.
- That’s not what I meant when I said prove me wrong, boys...
- THAT’S MORE LIKE IT, RADU!!!!
- That was disgustingly beautiful.
- WHAT IS WITH THE DEVILS INTERFERING WITH OUR GOALIES AND NOTHING BEING CALLED.
- Everything is happening.
- STOP. RUNNING. INTO. OUR. GOALIES.
- I hate everything.
- O CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN. That assist from Beau too. Tres bien.
- At least this power play doesn’t make me want to cry... mostly...
- California Sunshine hits Finnish Sunshine.
- Byron-Desharnais-Gallagher, aka the obnoxious, crease-crashing smurf line.
- Desharnais shot the puck!!!
- BLESS YOU MAX. BLESS YOU.
- Poor Gally. Could he be any more snake-bitten?
- Well, at least the third period got interesting.
- Watching Radu in OT is an absolute joy. What a delightful player.
- Oh. Make them pay for tripping up Beau... that definitely should be Taylor Hall in the box.
- CHUCKY FOR THE WIN!!!!
- Awww that kid in the Pacioretty jersey gets the stick that scored 30.
- Habs win 4-3!! That’s their first consecutive win since January 7th!!
Highlight of the Game
EOTP Three Stars of the Game
First star: What did I tell you?