Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Greg Pateryn’s agent is irritated by all the trade rumors. [La Presse]
- Claude Julien was fine with the boo birds last night. “I’m not going to blame them.” [Labbé]
- I joined Habs Breakfast to discuss the need to split up Weber and Emelin at once, Price’s exaggerated struggles, and more. [TSN 690]
- Lukas Vejdemo scored both goals in 2-1 OT win
- Andrew Shaw shot down the rumor that Michel Therrien had berated him. [Gazette]
- Marie-Philip Poulin took to the ice with former Habs defenceman Patrice Brisebois. It must have been an honour to skate with such an accomplished player. Not everyone gets the chance be on the ice with Poulin.
Had a great time playing against Ex Hab Patrice Brisebois and along side the winners de la Classique Montréalaise at Bell Center. Thanks @evenko for the invite! @classiquemontrealaise Petite partie amicale vs l'ancien des Canadiens Patrice Brisebois avec les championnes de la Classique Montréalaise au centre Bell. Merci @evenko pour la belle expérience! @classiquemontrealaise
- Claude Julien did not want a pregame ceremony to commemorate his 1000th game. The Habs settled on recognizing it during the game. [Basu]
- The more things change, the more...things change.
Around the league and elsewhere
- The price for defenceman has been set, and it’s rather expensive.
3rd Rd pick for Stone. 2nd Rd pick for Hainsey. Prices getting set for rental D not named Shattenkirk. Retaining salary also key.— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) February 23, 2017
- On that note, trades are about to pick up according to LeBrun. [TSN 690]
- The Penguins got the ball rolling by acquiring former Habs defenceman Ron Hainsey in exchange for former Habs prospect Danny Kristo, and a second-round pick. [Pensburgh]
- Kevin Shattenkirk however, was not interested in a potential trade to Tampa Bay.